Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 35mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 9:46 am    Post subject: Vivitar 35mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I'm relatively new to this adapted lenses malarkey but I have been adding a few manual focus lenses recently for use with my Fuji X-T2. My aim is to spend under £20 each and I am just blown away by the image quality that can be achieved with these old 'uns. My most recent acquisition is a mint Komine manufactured Vivitar 35mm f2.8 which came in its mint carrying case and looks like it has hardly ever been used.

Vivitar 35mm f2.8 lens by Andrew R, on Flickr

Here are a couple of quick shots:-

Liquid Amber - Vivitar 35mm f2.8 by Andrew R, on Flickr

Church Walk by Andrew R, on Flickr

I know that this lens is fairly 'run-of-the-mill' compared with some out there but hey it's plenty good enough for me

Last edited by Rosedalelad on Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice results.
Anyone would be pleased with those.
Well done
Tom

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same lens - it is an excellent performer.

Btw, welcome to the forum, Andrew! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a great lens, Rosedalead. You might want to correct an error in this thread's title, though. You have it listed as a 35mm f/2.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 27, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Looks like a great lens, Rosedalead. You might want to correct an error in this thread's title, though. You have it listed as a 35mm f/2.

Well spotted Smile

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 5:24 am    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 35mm f2.8 Reply with quote

It should be a good lens. I've seen comparison between Komine made 35mm f/2.8 (which is relatively rare) versus Tokina made 35mm f/2.8 (which is easy to find). Komine version is slightly better. There is also a Kiron made 35mm f/2.8 that I've seen on ebay for sale a while ago.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 6:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The image quality of photos like these are what make older manual lenses so interesting to me. Lovely images.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice choice! I have an older Tokina version and its also nice. Now save up your pennies to get an m42 focal reducer and use the lens sharper, wider and faster Smile