Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28mm f2 close focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 1:45 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 28mm f2 close focus Reply with quote

a6000+16mm ext.tube.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your kind comments,99% of my shots are wide open and hand held.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I love the last image. One for the wall!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2019 10:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Thanks for your kind comments,99% of my shots are wide open and hand held.

are those straight out the camera?

i came upon this lens once in an antique shop but passed on it as the aperture appeared to be stuck

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2019 8:10 pm    Post subject: Re: Vivitar 28mm f2 close focus Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
a6000+16mm ext.tube.

Hey, beautiful images, even if they look much more like paintings than pictures--I love Vivitar glass & have a lot of it. I bought one of these, but its corners were weak--unlike my Komine/Vivitar 28mm f/2.8, so I returned the 28mm f/2. Hope to see more of your art work here--best. jt

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2019 6:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 artsy indeed!!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 14, 2019 7:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold my Nikon 28/2, a great lens, in favor of this one. It's excellent. Just checked the prices on ebay and the close focus version (this lens) goes for double the price of the Kiron version. kryss, have you tried the Kiron version? If so, what's your opinion?

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2019 6:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

invisible wrote:
I sold my Nikon 28/2, a great lens, in favor of this one. It's excellent. Just checked the prices on ebay and the close focus version (this lens) goes for double the price of the Kiron version. kryss, have you tried the Kiron version? If so, what's your opinion?

My 2 cents: Avoiding the Kiron WA primes is good advice IME--they have issues, often, with oil on the blades. For that reason alone, I never bought a Kiron/Viv prime, but have seen plenty of excellent work done with them. I love the Komine/Viv primes & will purchase a Kiron zoom now & then.

BTW, not only was this 28mm f/2 cf poor in the corners, but so too was the Komine 28mm f/2.8 CF, though the latter was considerably better than the former. @ Infinity focus, IME, the best 28mm Komine/Viv is the 28mm f/2.8, non-CF. Bear in mind, "CF" is sometimes a relative term--the non-cf 28mm Komine/Viv will focus as close as .3 of a meter, about the same as, or a little better than, my Nikkor 28mm f/2. Also, the Komine non-cf is much, much less pricey than either of the CF versions.

However, we are agreed: all of them produce excellent images in capable hands, indeed. I just can't work with a prime which has poor corners, even @ f11: I am talking a Full-Frame camera here. Best, jt