Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28mm Close Focus
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 2:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll have to do some comparisons as well...I have the Komine made 24mm F2, the Kino made 28mm F2, the Komine made 28mm F2.8 CF & a standard Tokina made 24 ( not to mention my Sigma 24mm F2.8 AF & MF versions, my 24mm & 28mm F2.8 Nikkors or the Cosina made Vivitar 24mm F2.8 )...Maybe I need to get rid of some of these? Nah, I 'll just keep'em...

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one would like to see that, Scott.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 1:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Was out to lunch today with family and didn't expect to need more than my 28mm Close Focus, but then afterwards we stopped at the creek and I had to make do with what I had. Still, the Vivitar CF never disappoints...

One of the specials today at Boulevard Diner was fried chicken livers over cheddar grits with a side of mashed potatoes. Fearful that my cholesterol might be at a dangerously low level, I thought it best to have it.

If you're so sure they're just dolphins, you go first.

and 100% crop from above...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You do well with what you had available!
#2 Is that a bullshark? Nice risk for the pelican.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd say they are dolphins. Dolphins have horizontal tails (which don't pierce the surface) whereas most (all?) sharks have vertical tails which do pierce the surface.

Of course, I'm with the pelicans - firmly on the jetty Smile

PS - nice shots - and lens!

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Screamin Scott wrote:
I'll have to do some comparisons as well...I have the Komine made 24mm F2, the Kino made 28mm F2, the Komine made 28mm F2.8 CF & a standard Tokina made 24 ( not to mention my Sigma 24mm F2.8 AF & MF versions, my 24mm & 28mm F2.8 Nikkors or the Cosina made Vivitar 24mm F2.8 )...Maybe I need to get rid of some of these? Nah, I 'll just keep'em...

I have the Kiron 24/2 and 28/2.5, a Cimko 24/2.8, the Komine CFWA 28/2, the Tamron BBAR 28/2.5, and a Tokina 'macro' 28/2.8, as well as 10 other manual 28/2.8's that mostly focus to 30cm or less. The 24/2 and 28/2 CFWA get most of my love; the others deserve comparisons. Sell any of these? Probably not...

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
You do well with what you had available!
#2 Is that a bullshark? Nice risk for the pelican.

Thanks. No, not sharks. They are dolphins as Martyn correctly identified. Dolphins mostly have the curve in the top fin where sharks are more triangular. The pelicans aren't very concerned with the dolphins as several were swimming next to them. Obviously the pelicans are quite adept at identifying shark vs. dolphin.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RioRico wrote:
Screamin Scott wrote:

I have the Kiron 24/2 and 28/2.5, a Cimko 24/2.8, the Komine CFWA 28/2, the Tamron BBAR 28/2.5, and a Tokina 'macro' 28/2.8, as well as 10 other manual 28/2.8's that mostly focus to 30cm or less. The 24/2 and 28/2 CFWA get most of my love; the others deserve comparisons. Sell any of these? Probably not...

I would love to get a hold of an F/2 version. Which 24mm were you referring to as getting most used with the 28mm?

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

woodrim wrote:
RioRico wrote:
Screamin Scott wrote:

I would love to get a hold of an F/2 version. Which 24mm were you referring to as getting most used with the 28mm?

Vivitar-Kiron 24/2 (PK-M) #2280xxxx. And it is a painful story. I had bought a copy 2 years ago, #2210xxxx. But it arrived with in non-working aperture and rear-element separation. And the seller disappeared. I tried for months to have it repaired, but its spare optics are rare. So I sold the first (for parts) at a great loss, and bought the second for a bit more. Total cost: US$205 (shipped). Argh!

But I am very glad I have it now. My very cheap Vivitar-Komine 28/2 CFWA (N/AI mount, modded for PK) may be on a regular lens-of-the-day rotation, but that 24/2 is almost always in my carry bag. Now I must put the others I mentioned before into my lens-of-the-day schedule. Maybe some will surprise me!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just got my Vivitar 28mm MD Close Focus (Komine)
Use it on adapter for Fujifilm x-pro1

DSCF3054 by Marcus Landstrom, on Flickr
DSCF3052 by Marcus Landstrom, on Flickr
DSCF3050 by Marcus Landstrom, on Flickr
DSCF3055 by Marcus Landstrom, on Flickr

PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2015 12:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ivan Lee wrote:
I just got an Close Focus f/2 version in OM mount. I think it's a keeper!!

Very nice lens... it's sharp wide open but has some CA, but at f/2.8 the CA is gone.

I also recently got a Vivitar 28/2 CF, although mine is a K-mount (to go with my other K-mount 28's).

In my first tests (all wide open at f/2), there is some CA (purple fringing), but I don't yet know how it is at smaller apertures:

A little grouping of some "tired" roses -

A flower's stamens and pistils

[Both pics at f/2 and with some cropping but no other processing]