Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28-90 macro only for short distance?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:01 am    Post subject: Vivitar 28-90 macro only for short distance? Reply with quote

I tried this lense with an adapter on my A6000 and the picture was much out of focus when I tried it for a distance on several miles. Is this lens constructed only for short focus?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 2:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Of course not. The Vivitar Series 1 28-90 is an excellent vari-focal zoom. You =do= have to refocus whenever you zoom with this lens, but when set to infinity, distant subjects should be in focus. If this isn't the case, I would first suspect the adapter you bought.

I have bought at least one Chinese adapter that doesn't focus at infinity. So it can happen.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My lens has an Olympus mount and when I try it on a manual Olympus camera on a distance between 6 and 7 meters, the lens ruler shows between 10 meter and infinity, and that´s the same as on my digital camera, so I believe it must be something wrong with the lens.

Are there anything I can do with this? Is it possible that the lens has been opened and assembled in a wrong way?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like your adapter is too thick, or the lens was worked on by someone that didn't know what there doing.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My lens has an Olympus mount and when I try it on a manual Olympus camera on a distance between 6 and 7 meters, the lens ruler shows between 10 meter and infinity, and that´s the same as on my digital camera, so I believe it must be something wrong with the lens.

It looks as if "infinity" is not well calibrated, thus a problem of the lens, not the adapter!
I have had similar problems with many of my Konica Hexanon zooms, but not with other manufacturers (Minolta, Canon, Nikon, ...).

Quote:

Are there anything I can do with this? Is it possible that the lens has been opened and assembled in a wrong way?

Difficult to say. The 28-90 seems to be a two group zoom, and the interaction of the two groups while focusing may be quite complicated (unlike a four group zoom where only the front group is responsible for focusing). If you'd find any information about servicing the lens, one might give it a try, but otherwise it looks a bit difficult.

Stephan