Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28/2.5 M42 Preset (strange?)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 am    Post subject: Vivitar 28/2.5 M42 Preset (strange?) Reply with quote

(Oops, only the first is 900px Embarassed Resized...)

Someone on pentaxforums wanted to see some pics of this lens, which he has never heard of. I know a couple have it, but I mostly see the Auto version. I'm going to bet Carsten has one Laughing

So yes, a Preset does exist Shocked My dad bought it in 1977 for $45 (still have the receipt). 62mm filter thread, just like the Auto.

Minimum focus distance (top scale is meters):

Last edited by ryan s on Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:00 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kiron made lens I think not so common and not rare either.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I remember someone else saying they have a Preset, but I don't know who. It was a regular member like Chris or Bill...can't remember Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rare or not, it's a nice lens. Wink

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks it's a T mount lens (interchangeable mount).

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 1:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not rare, nor valuable, but unusual.

Vivitar for a while in the very early 1970's, after it introduced a line of automatic lenses (Tokinas), seems to have kept a cheap line of T2-mount preset lenses. Those cheap lenses are not easy to find now, I guess they sold few of them. Soligor did the same thing. These must be some of the last preset lenses sold.

I have seen a 200mm, 300mm and a 400mm in this Vivitar line of late presets. This is the first 28mm I've seen, thank you !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is interesting is that it reaches infinity after 7 meters , pretty much for a wide angle lens I would say. My Petri 28mm f:2 reaches it after 3m and Chinon 28mm f:2.8 after 5meters.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've edited the title to something more appropriate, I think Smile

Someday I'll ask my dad why he bought this and the 80-205 f/3.8 when his ST801 was auto aperture. Most likely cause they were cheap Confused