Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 19/3.8 - price updated - SOLD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 1:50 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 19/3.8 - price updated - SOLD Reply with quote

Up for sale it's a ultrawide Vivitar 19/3.8 in canon FD mount.
The lens is a mint, unused ( like in never used, never mounted ), brand new old stock. It comes with caps, box, leaflet.
Useless to say that there are no marks, smudges, nicks, anywhere on the lens. Can't give you details about how it performs because I didn't test it and I have no means to do it.

I'll let it go for $225 + shipping. Paypal is on me.

Last edited by Himself on Tue May 26, 2015 10:41 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it's brand new, old stock, never used, that is not the original front cap, is it? Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 4:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beats me.
Front cap has no letters on it while the rear one reads CA on it.
Didn't say in my listing anything about a original cap.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2014 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To sweeten the deal I'll add as a bonus a Konica Hexanon AR 28/3.5.
Excellent condition, snappy blades, flawless optics. It comes with case and Konica caps. I have no use for this one too.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Come on guys, I need to get rid of those.
Hit me with your best offer.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

have any links to reviews etc? perhaps that will help make me buy it...

:0)

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Himself wrote:
Come on guys, I need to get rid of those.
Hit me with your best offer.

Possibly there are two factors holding back offers:

1) Canon Fd mount pretty much restricts it to mirrorless cameras when it's only going to act as 38mm or 30mm equivalent

and

2) At least so far as the UK goes, these lenses usually sell on Ebay for a great deal less than your opening price. Perhaps people don't want to upset you by making what might look like a derisory offer . . .

And to vroger - I have the Cosina version of this lens. Mine has a decentering fault but so far as vignetting and flare are concerned it does as least as well as my $450 Voigtlander 21mm rangefinder lens. And sharpness isn't bad either - although the fault takes the edge off it on one side.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the review Stephen!
The prices on ebay are almost half of what I'm asking for but none of them is brand new. Konica sells for around $50 which bring the Vivitar's price down to almost a used one.
Yep, market is limited indeed.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced $160.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price reduced to $130.