Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm Pro f/1.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 04, 2007 9:16 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm Pro f/1.5 Reply with quote

Click here to see on Ebay

Look at this lens, pretty amazing isn't it ?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

this price is just crazy.. you need to keep looking. There were few Third party lens manufacturer making 135mm f1.8 lens, I think using same design.
I was following this auction Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People are crazy we all are know Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess, I should grind off the f-number of some of my older 135mm lenses and re-engrave an "f1.5". Then I could sell this lens for hundreds of dollars...

Silly people and easy money lead to criminal behaviour. Wink

No, don't worry. I will not do that. I want to stay a member here. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Got the point perhaps, it is modified from 1.8 might be or Vivitar made the trick Smile

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quoting Robert Monaghan:

"I should mention that there were a few even faster 135mm f/1.8 and even f/1.5 lenses made by Vivitar in 1968, using the preset T-mount. But these lenses were much poorer performers optically than the later Series I 135mm f/2.3 lenses. Avoid them!"

"[Ed. note: Thanks to Gregg for this chart; unfortunately, I feel it supports my conclusion that the lens is too low resolution used wide open, that you would be better with a much lighter and smaller lens (like the Vivitar 135mm f/2.3 Series I cited above) which is sharper and quite usable wide open...]

"Dimensions: 5" long, 4" wide, 4lb,8oz (Vivitar ad says: 5.5" by 4", 4lb, 3 oz 7 elements, 6 groups, min focus 6 feet"

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2007 2:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I was not implying that this was done to this lens, it just came to my mind as a illegal way to earn some money. Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jul 19, 2007 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ballu wrote:
this price is just crazy.. you need to keep looking. There were few Third party lens manufacturer making 135mm f1.8 lens, I think using same design.
I was following this auction Click here to see on Ebay

hi Ballu,Could you show some sample photos about this lens