Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f1.5 lens - bad boy
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:09 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f1.5 lens - bad boy Reply with quote

Last edited by taunusreiter on Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:25 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh damn, that's a serious hunk of glass! Thanks for showing, I'd like to see some results with it too.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
Oh damn, that's a serious hunk of glass! Thanks for showing, I'd like to see some results with it too.

film is already in processing.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How cool!! Do you have it?? Congrats!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What terrific glass!!!

Excelent.

I want one. I don't know if I will use it very much, but I want to have it at home.

Congratulations !!

I saw a soligor 1,8/135 at u$s 140. Is it to buy?

Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats!! Arsenal (tries to) sell one since quite some time for $2500 if I remember correctly...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have once seen - in a magazine- a test of a super fast 135mm lens. It was explained, with samples, that those large lenses actually seem a little soft because the lens is able to look "behind" the 3D subject due to the large front element. To demonstrate this, the author glued a black square piece of paper to one end of a stick and a white piece of exactly the same dimensions to the other end. The black square piece, with the white one behind it, was then photographed with a regular 135mm lens that was wide open. The resulting photo only showed a black square. The test was then re-done with the fast 135mm lens. That one showed a white unsharp border around the sides of the black square. So the lens was indeed able to look behind the subject due to the large front element!

Quite interesting, even though I know nothing serious about optics Wink

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
I want one. I don't know if I will use it very much, but I want to have it at home.

It's a nightmare to have it at home. It needs more place than RF lenses of 10x the expense and will break every glass plate.. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spotmatic wrote:
I have once seen - in a magazine- a test of a super fast 135mm lens. It was explained, with samples, that those large lenses actually seem a little soft because the lens is able to look "behind" the 3D subject due to the large front element. To demonstrate this, the author glued a black square piece of paper to one end of a stick and a white piece of exactly the same dimensions to the other end. The black square piece, with the white one behind it, was then photographed with a regular 135mm lens that was wide open. The resulting photo only showed a black square. The test was then re-done with the fast 135mm lens. That one showed a white unsharp border around the sides of the black square. So the lens was indeed able to look behind the subject due to the large front element!

Quite interesting, even though I know nothing serious about optics Wink

same reason Telecentrics have huge front elements...

Telecentric refers to edge-to-edge parallax error correction (<0.3%). Telecentric lenses are used for machine-vision metrics. Also a superb macro lens attachment for SLR and camcorders.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My strength is building since I broke my arm last year. I think I'm now strong enough to carry the lens. Thank you. Cool

PostPosted: Sat Oct 03, 2009 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
estudleon wrote:

It's a nightmare to have it at home. It needs more place than RF lenses of 10x the expense and will break every glass plate.. Smile

If you don't want to have it at home, just send it to me. I will find a place. Wink

PostPosted: Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool piece of glass. May we see some samples please? Cool

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Made by Sigma, for Vivitar. Nothing special optically. Just fast!

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There´s one for sale on a Finnish camera forum.

http://www.kameralaukku.com/portal/index.php/topic,62838.0.html

699 euros + 30 euros shipping to EU countries.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gurdie wrote:
There´s one for sale on a Finnish camera forum.

http://www.kameralaukku.com/portal/index.php/topic,62838.0.html

699 euros + 30 euros shipping to EU countries.

Not even for 100 EUR , thank you anyway to sharing this info.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have stuff in your "items for sale" link I wouldn't even buy for 10,-, Attila, but I wouldn't talk about it in a thread about the item, if not asked....

bye.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

taunusreiter wrote:
You have stuff in your "items for sale" link I wouldn't even buy for 10,-, Attila, but I wouldn't talk about it in a thread about the item, if not asked....

bye.

I never commented price at Marketplace I did comment here where everybody has right to comment including me.
Quiet childish behavior to enjoy this forum as selling platform and if I say my honest opinion about this lens, remove original picture and left nasty false comment... I say again this Equipment Gallery don't need to ask people opinion , people can talk from subject.