Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Black and Chrome Beauty
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 07, 2010 11:46 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 Black and Chrome Beauty Reply with quote

A very pretty piece of Optic Engineering.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What nice lens!!!

Little gem, congratulations !!

Rino.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:47 pm    Post subject: Nice Vivitar... Reply with quote

Shortly I purchased a Vivitar 135 mm f.2.8 very cheap in the Netherlands, maybe a Komine-version (number 28...).
Wish you happy hunting with this lense.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Splendid lens !
I like the banner picture very much.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is indeed very pretty! Nice photos Big Dawg Smile

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
What nice lens!!!

Rino.

Thanks Rino. I've found one of it's little brothers on Ebay. Got a nice 35mm f/2.8 coming in the mail. Should get it this week. I'll post a few photos of it when it gets here. If you see a 28mm or a 200mm Vivitar like this...please let me know.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Vivitar... Reply with quote

Giac wrote:
Shortly I purchased a Vivitar 135 mm f.2.8 very cheap in the Netherlands, maybe a Komine-version (number 28...).
Wish you happy hunting with this lense.

Thank you Giac. I have one of thos Komine Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 lens and it is a very good lens. Got a 135mm f/3.5 as well I believe....mmmm...must look and see if mine is a Kiron or a Komine f/3.5.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Olivier wrote:
Splendid lens !
I like the banner picture very much.

Thank you Olivier. I appreciate the comments.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DiegoV wrote:
It is indeed very pretty! Nice photos Big Dawg Smile

Thanks Diego.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:47 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Vivitar... Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
Giac wrote:

I have one of thos Komine Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 lens and it is a very good lens.

erm snap, I have one too...I have it next to my computer waiting for a bit of sunshine to see the results when using a vivitar 2Xs converter that was match made for a vivitar 70-150mm......and I want to finish a film up Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Re: Nice Vivitar... Reply with quote

Excalibur wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
Giac wrote:

I have one of thos Komine Vivitar 135mm f/2.8 lens and it is a very good lens.

erm snap, I have one too...I have it next to my computer waiting for a bit of sunshine to see the results when using a vivitar 2Xs converter that was match made for a vivitar 70-150mm......and I want to finish a film up Wink

Should do well for you too. If you happen by a 28mm or a 200 or 250mm lens like the black anmd chrome ..give me a buzz so I might further my collection.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just checked...that 35mm 3.5 is a Tokina fixed M42 screw mount. (as opposed to a T4 or TX one).

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow - that lens looks brand-new, congratulations on this great find Smile

And, great sample images too Wink

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice image and good looking lens. Any ideas on who made this lens?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Big Dawg wrote:
estudleon wrote:
What nice lens!!!

Rino.

Thanks Rino. I've found one of it's little brothers on Ebay. Got a nice 35mm f/2.8 coming in the mail. Should get it this week. I'll post a few photos of it when it gets here. If you see a 28mm or a 200mm Vivitar like this...please let me know.

We're waiting for your new little gem.

If I know anything about the vivitar chrome nose 28 or 200 mm, I will tell you.

Rino.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty one indeed. I have never seen a chrome nose Vivitar before.

These are early I think, pre-1970. The chrome nose was a style in the middle-late 1960's, many Mamiya and Yashica brand lenses had them.

The maker is not Tokina, and probably not Sun, Sankor or Sigma, as we have examples of their early automatics and they are not at all similar.

Kiron or Komine early production are possibilities.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mal1905 wrote:
Wow - that lens looks brand-new, congratulations on this great find Smile

And, great sample images too Wink

Thanks Mal. There is a tiny bit of brassing on the tips of the focus ring knurling and som scratches on the base but other than that it is as new.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martinsmith99 wrote:
Nice image and good looking lens. Any ideas on who made this lens?

I really do not know Martin. Others will have to chime in here and help with this one. The 135mm has a 10XXXX serial number and the 35mm I have just received has a 35XXXX serial number. I wonder if the 28mm has a 28XXXX serial number. Keep am eye out and if you see a 28mm or a 200mm in this type let me know. Would love to get the whole set.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

estudleon wrote:
Big Dawg wrote:
estudleon wrote:
What nice lens!!!

Rino.

We're waiting for your new little gem.

If I know anything about the vivitar chrome nose 28 or 200 mm, I will tell you.

Rino.

Thanks Rino...If I get the chance this weekend I'll post some photos of the 35mm and the 135mm together. It is in as good a shape as the 135mm one is. Lovely little lens.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
Pretty one indeed. I have never seen a chrome nose Vivitar before.

These are early I think, pre-1970. The chrome nose was a style in the middle-late 1960's, many Mamiya and Yashica brand lenses had them.

The maker is not Tokina, and probably not Sun, Sankor or Sigma, as we have examples of their early automatics and they are not at all similar.

Kiron or Komine early production are possibilities.

Thanks for that info Luis. I was thinking maybe Mamiya may have slipped in and made some for Vivitar...but then that would be News wouldn't it? The serial number for the 135mm starts with 10 and the 35mm starts with 35. I just looked at a 28mm on ebay in Canon mount and it has a 56XXX serial number. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=390150281365&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT