Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Viv (Komine) 135mm 2.8 disassembly?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 8:25 pm    Post subject: Viv (Komine) 135mm 2.8 disassembly? Reply with quote

Hi -- first post here.
I've acquired (for nothing!) some older MF lenses to experiment with, adapted to my Olympus E-P2.
One is a Vivitar (Komine) 135mm f/2.8 "auto telephoto" O/OM fit; the focusing is smooth and the diaphragm stops down symmetrically, the blades seeming clean and dry.
Unfortunately it does have quite a lot of fungus inside.
However I am told this is a nice lens in use, and may be worth saving.
I'm willing to have a go at cleaning it and I've acquired the requisite peroxide and ammonia, and I already have some jewellers' screwdrivers etc.
I have managed to remove the front ring using a suitable sized end-cap and an old rubber glove, but can't see how to start to remove the element groups.
There is a grub screw on the barrel, which I carefully removed only to find it freed nothing up.
I'm loth to start unscrewing the rear end assemblies lest I end up up with a fountain of tiny springs and ball-bearings all over my carpet.

Can anyone provide any clues as to how to proceed?

Short of that, know anyone in the West of England who'll clean it for a tenner?

thanks in advance for any help offered.

Paul

PostPosted: Mon Jun 21, 2010 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome! I don't remember for any instructions about this lens , hopefully somebody able to help to you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Attila