Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Virtual Photographer
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:38 am    Post subject: Virtual Photographer Reply with quote

Well, I know I'm probably going to hell, too, (move over Bob) but I find
this program a real hoot!

Here's the original:

and here's VP's "Transparency" adjustment, presumably ISO 25 Velvia
slide film:

It reminds me of National Geographic mags in the 60's, luv it! Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It added artificial noise to your slide Mad

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
It added artificial noise to your slide Mad

--Yes, isn't it wonderful?--

Well, uh *deflating* it was only a fleeting moment of rapture late at night.
Yes I see the noise along the railing, balustrade, whatever, and other
places, I guess it was just the *overall* impression, not specific parts.

Thanks for being the pin to my balloon... Laughing

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also like this little tool a lot.
It sometimes produces great results. You normally lose details, but this cannot be a problem when you use such a tool. It does a great job when simulating film, something you have to pay a lot of money for when you buy other programs.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I also like this little tool a lot.
It sometimes produces great results. You normally lose details, but this cannot be a problem when you use such a tool. It does a great job when simulating film, something you have to pay a lot of money for when you buy other programs.

Maybe I am an old dumb but for simulating film I prefer to buy and shoot film. Rolling Eyes

There is another thing to keep in mind: the application is 8-bit. This, together with the manipulation that it applies, means that the final quality output of your photography will be considerably lowered.
This is probably irrelevant while viewing images on a computer, but on prints it will make a world of difference.

-

PostPosted: Thu Nov 22, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Orio. Any picture post-produced with virtual photographer will lose tones, details etc.
But you would not use it for huge prints, just for the effect.

Of course, shooting on real film still is the "real thing", but sometimes you would like to have a digital shot looking like a photo and then it is a really good tool.
And I am sometimes disappointed when I have to wait for another day and another day, since the film I have given to my lab is still not ready. Sad