Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 28mm F2.4 with Floating Element
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:46 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 28mm F2.4 with Floating Element Reply with quote

This is the rarest lens I have (so far). It weighs 420g, MFD is 19cm, this is the only Prakticar lens with rotating front when focusing,
and only one with floating mechanism for its rear lens block. It seems to be made after mid 1980 when Pentax and Zeiss collaborated to
design 28mm f2 Hollywood lens, no one knows how many were made. I have seen only three so far in the last five years.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice samples on your pbase for this rare lens

PostPosted: Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Many thanks to sending us! I also read somewhere this is one of the rarest one.

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 1:36 pm    Post subject: Re: Carl Zeiss Jena Prakticar 28mm F2.4 with Floating Elemen Reply with quote

koji wrote:
This is the rarest lens I have (so far). It weighs 420g, MFD is 19cm, this is the only Prakticar lens with rotating front when focusing,
and only one with floating mechanism for its rear lens block. It seems to be made after mid 1980 when Pentax and Zeiss collaborated to
design 28mm f2 Hollywood lens, no one knows how many were made. I have seen only three so far in the last five years.

Congrats for your lens!

Between 1979 and 1981 only 390 lenses have been produced. Details in german language you can find here:

https://www.digicamclub.de/showthread.php?t=21342

I also have one of those rare lens. It took me about 12 hours with try and error to adjust the focus correctly at OO.

Greetings

Rick

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Turtle Rick_