Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MARKETPLACE RULES
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Sep 22, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: MARKETPLACE RULES Reply with quote

Usage of this forum:

1) It is not allowed to "bump" threads. This will lead to the complete deletion of the thread.
It is however possible to communicate substantial variations to the sale terms of your object.
Please use the feature moderately. We will watch for abuse.

2) Any transaction discussion will have to be held privately between the seller and the buyer. Public messages of this kind will be deleted.

3) No post-sale discussion of any kind is allowed on this forum. If a buyer has a problem with a seller he/she will have to sort it out privately with the seller.

The Forum Administration is not responsible for the transactions, their content, modes, results, and implications. The sole legal responsibles are the seller and the buyer.

4 ) If you think that a forum member has acted dishonestly you can report the detailed facts to the Administrators or the Moderators via private message only.
Any public message of this kind will be deleted.

5) By selling, buying and trading on the marketplace you implicitly accept these rules and committ to respect them thoroughly.

6) Please always offer to sell Worldwide , we have a large member base from all over the world, please don't exclude any of them!

7) No all-capitals thread titles.

8. Don't be lazy and put only name into a list plus price. Please describe items well at least in one sentence each and post shipping prices , images , VERIFIABLE EBAY ID (throw EBAY message system is a must for NEW MEMBERS)

9) Ebay links of non members, or links from different sites regarding sales, go to either Photographer's Café or MFL Club, depending if one wants to let them open to everyone or to veteran members only.

10) DON'T SELL HERE IF YOU ARE NOT AN ACTIVE MEMBER OF THIS COMMUNITY. FIRST EARN YOUR TRUST AND SELL AFTER!
WE WILL DELETE ALL SALES AT MARKETPLACE WHICH WERE POSTED BY NEW MEMBERS WHO HAVE NO VERIFIABLE EBAY IDENTITY

Minimum post to open topic (sell) is 200, except if you are supporter member. On wanted subforum minimum post is 10.

Other acceptable IDs to verify yourself as a seller (nickname used on that selling platform) + feedback include : Trademe

We provide free service here, we not take any commission from you. Hosting a busy site like this is quiet costly, please support us some times with donation or buy something from Attila's ads.

http://forum.mflenses.com/supporting-member-program-starts-now-t33908.html

Please respect these rules which are set for the best of the community.
Should we notice repeated violations, we may decide to take unpleasing discipline measures.

The Administration.

Last edited by Attila on Tue Jan 01, 2013 2:46 pm; edited 13 times in total

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please don't change title to SOLD, RESERVED etc. It makes troubles for search engines. New posts usually in Google within a few hrs, and if you change it to SOLD , genuine link will be broken and generate lot of errors. Mark to sold in first post body not in title.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Marketplace did switch back to forum, you can decide where do you want to sell freely without restriction. Quick sales are better, faster on forum. If you need long term sale due price or limited interest you can use mflenses.com ad system http://www.mflenses.com/used-photo-gear-on-sale.html
certainly you can use both place parallel too. You can link here your Ebay sales and other hints too.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rules were changed, please read #10. It was essential to make it thanks for some cheaters.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Rules were changed, please read #10. It was essential to make it thanks for some cheaters.

+1 Great rule Attila!! Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only saw rule #10 today. Totally agree.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think phpBB allow setting access to particular forums for members with at least XX posts, right? it´s done in MFLclub so why not in marketplace?

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
I think phpBB allow setting access to particular forums for members with at least XX posts, right? it´s done in MFLclub so why not in marketplace?

Because it prevents access to buyers as well as sellers.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
berraneck wrote:

Because it prevents access to buyers as well as sellers.

And it makes the board unreachable for Google.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that´s true, I know about these issues. but if the rule is set up to avoid newcomers and make business only within forum members, is that an issue? I don´t think that cheaters will stop cheating after reading rules...

PostPosted: Thu Dec 01, 2011 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

berraneck wrote:
that´s true, I know about these issues. but if the rule is set up to avoid newcomers and make business only within forum members, is that an issue? I don´t think that cheaters will stop cheating after reading rules...

New members with verifiable Ebay id throw Ebay message system same or more safe than forum member with several posts , purchase is a buyer responsibility also need to care about it and don't buy from a stranger who has no verifiable identity. Several new rare lens did sold here from new members if we disable it due cheaters we loose this opportunity. Under 5 yrs I remember less than 5 trouble cases and I remember only one what was done by new member. I remember many great opportunity what was offered by new members and transactions went trouble free. I did extend rules with EBAY ID , perhaps this is help to reach all goals.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Where's the best place on the forums to post a post-sales good feedback for a seller?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2011 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kukhuvud wrote:
Where's the best place on the forums to post a post-sales good feedback for a seller?

The Buyer Sources thread.

http://forum.mflenses.com/buyer-sources-f19.html

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do we stand if we have no ebay id ?

I have never used ebay, either to sell or buy, but I have some lenses I'd like to sell. I have a PayPal account.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 26, 2012 11:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lloydy wrote:
How do we stand if we have no ebay id ?

I have never used ebay, either to sell or buy, but I have some lenses I'd like to sell. I have a PayPal account.

Do it, well known member like you no risk at all.

We made these rules to protect buyers from scum, not from 1000+ members.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila, I've got some stuff that I don't use that I need to shift.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look forward them may I will one of your buyers.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 27, 2012 7:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can fully vouch for David, very nice man. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 10:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just want to make sure I am reading the rules correctly. Am I correct that I can't post items for sale here or link to my E-Bay auctions until I have reached 200 posts? The rule seems reasonable, I just want to be sure I read it right. Thanks!

--Geoff

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 4:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are reading correctly,it's appreciated that you contribute to the forum before selling.By contribute, please make sure its not a series of random remarks just to bump up your post count.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 08, 2021 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, I just was kicked out of rule 10.
Kind of funny, I logged in every day to check if there is something, if not I go. That’s how forums are working,
Rule number 10 says I have to post 200 messages regardless what I am saying.
I had some nice discussion here a couple of years ago, well, the deal does not work out.
Now I posted some good stuff here, I don’t get it why this is a bad thing.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usm wrote:
. . .
I don’t get it why this is a bad thing.

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, Usm, I think the reasons for Marketplace rules are stated clearly.
200 posts will accumulate quickly if you look for opportunities to contribute.

Or if you prefer (following Rule 10) :
Attila wrote:
Minimum post to open topic (sell) is 200, except if you are supporter member...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 10, 2021 7:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

55 wrote:

Or if you prefer (following Rule 10) :

Attila wrote:
Minimum post to open topic (sell) is 200, except if you are supporter member...

Great idea Like 1 .

There you go Usm. Problem solved Smile. Good luck with the sales.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2021 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't reached 200 posts here yet, but probably will in the near future.
I refuse to deal with either Pay Pal or E-bay over their predatory fees, and "politically correct" stance.
I do just fine doing business without them.
If that precludes me from buying and selling here, it's not really that big of a deal. See line above...

-D.S.