Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

another cheap lens
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:36 am    Post subject: another cheap lens Reply with quote

Another one of those highly under rated lenses.

Vivitar 75-205mm F3.8 Close Focus N/AI (made by Kiron)

Click pictures for larger version

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A surprisingly good lens, I have one in M42.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

I bought myself yesterday a Vivitar as well...but this is the 85-205 3,8. I wonder how difference they can be (maybe it is a very stupid question, I know). Please, if you know, tell me.

Kindest regards,

Fer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

With vivitar lenses, it really depends on who made them. I have a few that look really nice but optically are just poor performers. Most of the vivitars I've found worth keeping where made by either Tokina or Kiron.

The first two digits of the serial number will tell you made the lens.

look here http://www.cameraquest.com/VivLensManuf.htm

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

Thanks a lot. I will have a look at soon as I make it at home (25 minutes and counting to leave the office)...I printed the link you sent me and I can´t wait to got home Evil or Very Mad

Yours is Kiron...which maker should I pray my Vivitar to be? Which one are the "good" ones?

Cheers,

Fer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the Kiron, Komine and Tokina are some of the best. I haven't had the opportunity to try many of the others. I bid cheap on them on ebay all the time but only win from time to time..

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

...and the lucky number is...22 (Kiron) followed by a 4 (which could be 1984 or 1994? and then 48 (week)...so that means I have a good lens then????

Regards,

Fer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I haven't had a bad Kiron/Vivitar yet.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great examples!