Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

A couple of old Tamrons
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:47 am    Post subject: A couple of old Tamrons Reply with quote

LOOK WHAT I WON !

I found these old Tamrons on the Bay dirt cheap !
I seen test results from the 135 Tammy and they were pretty good, the lens is well worth 2.26 USD. Very Happy

Click here to see on Ebay

Click here to see on Ebay

Can anyone ID the mount? Seller claims they are screw mount but the photos seem to show bayonet X-mount.

Last edited by spiralcity on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:50 am; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:32 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of old Tamrons Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
LOOK WHAT I WON !

I seen test results from the 135 Tammy and they were pretty good, the lens is well worth 2.26 USD. Very Happy

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120355427340

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120355430245

Can anyone ID the mount? Seller claims they are screw mount but the photos seem to show bayonet X-mount.

Attention Attila,

EBAY link button is not functioning proper. It will not allow the auction to be pulled up. Shocked Confused

Congratulations.

You must be aware that these are the older Adaptall lenses, which are not the same as the newer Adaptall II.

The model numbers are CW-28 and CT-135.

On the view from the rear of the lens on the auction site pictures, the adapter looks indeed like an Adaptall II M42 ring. The pictures for the 28mm lens are the same as for the 135mm lens.

As for the eBay button, it is working properly. You have to type only the item number, not the full path to the auction.

Cheers!

Abbazz

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:45 am    Post subject: Re: A couple of old Tamrons Reply with quote

Abbazz wrote:
spiralcity wrote:
LOOK WHAT I WON !

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120355427340

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT&item=120355430245

Attention Attila,

EBAY link button is not functioning proper. It will not allow the auction to be pulled up. Shocked Confused

Congratulations.

You must be aware that these are the older Adaptall lenses, which are not the same as the newer Adaptall II.

The model numbers are CW-28 and CT-135.

On the view from the rear of the lens on the auction site pictures, the adapter looks indeed like an Adaptall II M42 ring. The pictures for the 28mm lens are the same as for the 135mm lens.

As for the eBay button, it is working properly. You have to type only the item number, not the full path to the auction.

Cheers!

Abbazz

Yep, I know they are the old babies, the price was right. Very Happy
I purchased both lenses for under 20.00 USD with shipping.

Thanks for the ebay fix.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the Adaptall 1 f2.8 28mm and it is a nice lens. It has a very different character to the later Adaptall 2 f2.5 28mm lens but almost as sharp. It's great on DSLR has it has less overall contrast.
I have had mine from new so used it on film and digital for many years.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I have the Adaptall 1 f2.8 28mm and it is a nice lens. It has a very different character to the later Adaptall 2 f2.5 28mm lens but almost as sharp. It's great on DSLR has it has less overall contrast.
I have had mine from new so used it on film and digital for many years.

Glad to hear that about the 28mm Rob. Very Happy
I've seen results from the old 135mm, it's not so bad. For 2.26 you cant beat it. If anything I could put it back on ebay and make a small profit. The seller didnt seem to know too much about his gear.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2009 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats for your great deal! I am gland lenses landed in right hands who will take care them well.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2009 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiralcity wrote:
If anything I could put it back on ebay and make a small profit. The seller didnt seem to know too much about his gear.

One M42 Adaptall II ring is worth much more than what you paid for the whole lot!

Cheers!

Abbazz