Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 T - Exakta to Nikon AI
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 1:12 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 T - Exakta to Nikon AI Reply with quote

Exakta mount

with Topcon RE Super

to Nikon AI mount

with Nikon FM2

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mmmmmmmmmm Shocked

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2008 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting.

This looks like the machinist cut the back (with the lens mount) off the Biotar rear tube, as it is one piece, and put on a machined sleeve over the remaining tube held on by screws.

Shortening the tube this way gives an easy adjustment for the deeper Nikon mount.

A very neat and professional job, if rather drastic. I don't know if this reduces the collectible value of the Biotar. Odds are, at the moment, probably not, but at some time in the future it may be a different story.

I was thinking of a similar but much less destructive adaptation to PK, with a machined T-adapter fitting over the back of the rear tube and preserving the Exakta-mount, and held on by set-screws. There is enough extra depth in the helical mechanism to adjust for both the difference in mount depth plus the thickness at the bottom of the T-adapter, the only functional compromise being that the focusing scale is off.

The only loss here would be damage to the barrel from the set-screws, or possibly the need to drill some dimples for the set-screws (a neater solution). A good machinist could do a very neat job of this also.

Fortunately, it is in fact possible to make a completely non-destructive Biotar adapter for PK, and I believe this may be possible for Nikon also, if one accepts that the focusing scale will be off.