Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Ikon Contaflex IV on ebay
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:06 pm    Post subject: Zeiss Ikon Contaflex IV on ebay Reply with quote

I just won one of these and would like some opinions. pbase has a gallery
that sold me on this cam/lens combo.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ih=019&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWN%3AIT&viewitem=&item=290111796937&rd=1&rd=1

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Collector's item, mostly sold with Tessar standard lenses, be very cautious when buying other lenses for the system because often sellers confuse the early Contaflexes with the Contaflex 126, which has a wider and more modern set of lenses that can NOT be mounted on the older models.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Orio, I'll watch out for that. Pretty good price for all that's
included and the camera does look pretty clean.

Bill

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2007 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mint condition copies of your camera can reach very "interesting" prices.
But I'm sure that Carsten will be able to tell you more with his catalogue.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

These are very nice cameras when they're working well. The lenses that fit this are the Pro-Tessars: 35mm/4.0, 35mm/3.2, 85/4.0, 85/3.2, and 115/4.0.

There is also a "Pro-Tessar M" macro front element for 1:1 closeups.

All of the lenses replace only the front element of the 50/2.8 Tessar, which bayonets out of the shutter.

PostPosted: Wed May 09, 2007 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Rick,
Interesting about the lenses. From what I read the III and IV models
take the same A-mount lenses and I'll check on these Pro-Tessars you mentioned. Cool I'll shoot a few rolls through it, first.

Bill