Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Repair manual for Tamron 60-300 SP ?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:08 pm    Post subject: Repair manual for Tamron 60-300 SP ? Reply with quote

I have one of these I picked up cheap for "parts or repair".

Unfortunately the thing is stuck in macro, the internal elements seem to be stuck in that position.

I don't mind opening lenses, but his thing is complex, and easy to ruin.

Does anybody know where the service/repair manual for this thing can be found ?

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Luis, this lens has an unusual operation. In macro mode it doesn't zoom, the zoom/focus ring slides in and out to focus and the (visible) internal elements are static. To get out of macro mode you need to slide the ring right back to the mount end and then turn it clockwise a little so the two orange markings aren't in line, then it's back in normal mode and you slide it to zoom and turn to focus, and then you can see the elements moving inside. Sorry if you know this already Smile

Can't help with a manual - you're a much braver man than me if you're contemplating dismantling this monster!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Peter.

I've done that, but the problem with this one is that whatever engages or disengages when turned clockwise, doesn't. I suspect its a loose catch or something way inside the mount. I am very nervous about going in, as the mechanism does seem complex. Worse maybe is that there is no obvious place to begin disassembly, unless there are screws under the rubber grip. But then I've got to remove the rubber grip.

Oh well.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

luisalegria wrote:
But then I've got to remove the rubber grip.

It rolls off, condom-esque! Smile