Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

FOOD collection - MF lenses + flash
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: FOOD collection - MF lenses + flash Reply with quote

I saw Alessandro's website and I said to myself try to take some pics of food with manual lenses. Unfortunately I haven't got any proper lights and skills and camera and I dont what Smile for this shooting. anyway...

I used the flash, sometimes against the tiles (white, of course Smile

My wife was shopping somewhere and I was starving then deciding to make some sandwich - so there was a bread and a butter used and small tomatos, onion and red paprika ... Smile

see this link: http://www.homer.sk/portfolio/food-001/index.html

The banana was eaten afterwards.. Smile

My arrangement was not so nice as Alessandro's got on his site. I developed max. effort Smile))

any comment appreciated Smile) - (some motifs similar because of a different details Smile

tf

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey not bad at all for first try Shocked very tasty food .. I am hungry now Embarassed

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all! Really.

Two little tricks.

Use the vertical framing. Except when you have double fold pages in most cases our eyes are accostumed to watch vertical (or at max square) photos on cooking magazines and books. Beside it's also easier composition wise.

Second trick never put knives with blades positioned towards the viewer. It's aggressive and actually if you look at your shot with fresh eyes you'd notice it seems more a horror movie trailer than a food shot Laughing
This is an "error" I made a lot when I started to shoot food and I was heavily scolded by experienced pros.

The best position is vertical with the handle toward the viewer like HE would be the one to use it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you Attila , pizza is coming soon Smile

thanks Alessandro..
Your advices are very appreciated!
The knife was bad issue - said my wife as well Smile

Please, gentlemen, let me know, what do you think about quality these pics?

Thanks a lot! nice day..

tf