Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Praktica screw mount cameras
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 11:26 pm    Post subject: Praktica screw mount cameras Reply with quote

What is the best camera from Praktica product line ? I interested only the screw mount cameras VLC3, PLC3 ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The VCL 3 has the electrical contacts so it can work with the electric lenses, but it uses those impossible to find batteries that look of similar size to AA but are different and are only found as stock remainders now, with no replacement newly produced.
I think it's better to use today a camera of the MTL or Nova series, which use PX13 batteries that are easier to replace (with Wein Cell for instance).
Of course there is also the option to get a VLC and have it modified by a laboratory to use currently available batteries. Of course this will have a cost.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have 10 different Praktica I have no space for all, I would keep one or two only I like to keep the best one.How important open TTL metering ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
The VCL 3 has the electrical contacts so it can work with the electric lenses, but it uses those impossible to find batteries that look of similar size to AA but are different and are only found as stock remainders now, with no replacement newly produced.
I think it's better to use today a camera of the MTL or Nova series, which use PX13 batteries that are easier to replace (with Wein Cell for instance).
Of course there is also the option to get a VLC and have it modified by a laboratory to use currently available batteries. Of course this will have a cost.

here in North America, the Radio Shack in US still has the battery for it, you can also buy an adapter (I did for my PLC 2), which uses 4 x 1.5 V silver oxide batteries, it works well but not as long as the original battery.
I also bought a Tamron Adaptall-2 mount for Praktica EE lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooops, should be 3 x 1.5V, I am not fully awake yet:-(

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2007 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, 3x1.5V = 4.5 V cell need it.