Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

mounting Rollei bayonet on K mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 4:45 pm    Post subject: mounting Rollei bayonet on K mount Reply with quote

i got a Rollei Planar 50/1.8 Singapore for the astounding price of $10.

i knew there would be lens registration issues on Pentax (I thought I would unbolt the bayonet mount, and screw in an M42 mount).

But I've discovered to my surprise that the Rollei bayonet fits (but does not lock) on the K mount. But it would be easy to secure. (not to mention that the mirror clears the rear part of the lens.... tested using the "test by destruction" method)

The problem is that when mounted this way, the MAXIMUM focusing distance is around 1.5 meters. Embarassed

Any ideas? (hopefully reversible)

p.s. I saw some Rollei 200/4 Tele-Tessars for $40 in KEH. They seem to be good cheap user lenses...

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The problem here is that the Rollei mount seems to have a shorter register than M42/PK.

It may be possible to adjust the focusing mount to get the thing to screw in further on the helical, I have done this on some long lenses, but its unlikely that a 50mm would have much if any scope for that.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

> screw in further on the helical
A way to go, if you are OK with taking the lens apart and putting it back together.
I've done this trick even in Konica AR 40/1.8, which is a pancake and has only 27mm of total length. I moved it for healthy 3mm!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@luis, you are right.. the rollei mount is actually a bit more than 1mm shorter. i expected this... even if i don't get infinity, if i get 10 meters that is good enough for me Very Happy