Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 40 - Nikkor 28mm/2.8 AiS
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 40 - Nikkor 28mm/2.8 AiS Reply with quote

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2011 4:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like #3 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! I like the close up work with the flowers.

The 28/2.8 Ais is an excellent lens, one of Nikon's classics.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my most wanted lens ...

I had Nikon 24/2 and 35/1.4, and the red & green color is very saturated. Is it typical Nikon lens color?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arninetyes wrote:
Very nice! I like the close up work with the flowers.

The 28/2.8 Ais is an excellent lens, one of Nikon's classics.

yes,i like it for it's close up capability, it's minimum focusing distance is 20cm

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nixland wrote:
I had Nikon 24/2 and 35/1.4, and the red & green color is very saturated. Is it typical Nikon lens color?

I think it has more to do with the processing settings of the camera (Olympus).

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you apply extra sharpening in photographs one and two? It looks a little overdone.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2011 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cistron wrote:
Did you apply extra sharpening in photographs one and two? It looks a little overdone.

minimal sharpening, trouble is that all of those trees are trees with needles so any sharpening doesn't give optimum result

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
yes,i like it for it's close up capability, it's minimum focusing distance is 20cm

When I was looking for a 28, I originally planned to get a 28/2.8 Ais. I stumbled across a 28/2 Ai that was badly in need of servicing, but the glass was in great shape. Since it was so cheap, it still cost less than what typical 2.8 Ais lenses have been selling for. Now that I've used it a while, I'll say that it's no match for the 2.8 Ais for close up work (also, it only focuses to 30cm), but otherwise, it works beautifully.

Still, if I wanted to get another 28, the 2.8 Ais would be the one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new samples made with E-M5. winter edition

PostPosted: Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice pictures. This is one of my few remaining MF lenses.