Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 - Going outside !
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no-X wrote:
could be helpful:

Adjusting infinity on Zeiss Biotar 75/1.5 by luisalegria:

http://forum.mflenses.com/adjusting-infinity-on-zeiss-biotar-75-1-5-t11692.html

Thats the ticket, thanks all! I will now be forced to consider to pick-up a Biotar... *sigh* so many lenses, so little time.

I'll post back if I do go through with everything and have something to show.

Kelly.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Kelly
I have 2 now and would consider letting one go.
Send me a PM when you get serious about it Wink

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would be happy to make you an adapter if you need one.

I will need a flanged M42->PK adapter and an Exakta metal rear lens cap - actually I have a spare and I can give it to you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't see why nobody produces exakta->"modern mount" adapters. I used slide gauge to make sure and it should be possible to produce at least exakta to Sigma SA adapter (infinity focus) - there should remain at least 0,5 mm space between exakta mount (Biotar) and SD14 dust filter...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Luis
Both of mine are m42.
One actually came from Attila and I will keep.
The only reason I would sell is because of need to buffer finances.
Duplicates in this lens are not necessary for me.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are Exakta->Canon EOS and Exakta->4/3 adapters available.

Its just Pentax, Sigma, Nikon ones that don't exist.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to keeping mine! Laughing I hope you will have nice feel when use it.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very Happy
I am not actively looking for a buyer.
If someone here is serious I would consider it.
Otherwise there are many other lenses I will sell before this one for some extra funds.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All excellent but the first says it all, congrats, Luis! For me it is down to the
two Z's: Zeiss and Zuiko!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Katastrofo wrote:
All excellent but the first says it all, congrats, Luis! For me it is down to the
two Z's: Zeiss and Zuiko!

Yes! and Konica, Minolta, Jupiter hahaha

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We do not notice where or if important areas go out of focus. Graceful decay into oof, that is special with biotar 75/1.5, and Zeiss generally. But, 75/1.5 wide open, still having gradual inconspicuous decay into oof at wo, that is very rare.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According to my little paper gauge, Sigma SA ir-dust filter would touch Exakta mount.

I cut off three Exakta mounts to make them flush with M42 threads, and one was already cut off to make 1930's biotar 75/1.5 Exakta into M42. That was an ugly job, scratching lots of silver off to expose brass, ugh. I might do that one over. I am using M39-to-M42 rings, which come in brass or aluminum. Brass ones need grinding out of M39 slightly to fit.

The one caveat to M42 as universal interface to dslr adapters is that the focus and aperture scales probably won't match to top center without using paper washers and changing infinity focus. I only hit one out of three last night, and a fourth was already off by 90 degrees when I bought it. I learned a lot though.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to thank everyone for being so helpful and patient with regards to my request - I've learned more in a single post here than in months of poking around randomly on the web, I've also lit the fire under getting it done.

Luis, I appreciate the offer. Andy's kind offer to consider one of his M42 versions for sale might make things straight forward, but if I end up sourcing another, I'll certainly look forward to your assistance!

In the past 2 weeks, I've already made three acquisitions (one was Bobs Yashinon 55/1.2 - thanks! Smile ) and sold another lens to cover those - I'll have so many new lenses to test when they all get here I'll be lost for a month... heaven?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bob,

How do you securely attach the M39 ring to the Exakta mount ?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2008 3:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thePiRaTE!! wrote:
I'd like to thank everyone for being so helpful and patient with regards to my request - I've learned more in a single post here than in months of poking around randomly on the web, I've also lit the fire under getting it done.

Luis, I appreciate the offer. Andy's kind offer to consider one of his M42 versions for sale might make things straight forward, but if I end up sourcing another, I'll certainly look forward to your assistance!

In the past 2 weeks, I've already made three acquisitions (one was Bobs Yashinon 55/1.2 - thanks! Smile ) and sold another lens to cover those - I'll have so many new lenses to test when they all get here I'll be lost for a month... heaven?

Thank you very much your good opinion about our community!