Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

CANON EOS 1000D being sold in Spain, delivery in July
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 2:25 pm    Post subject: CANON EOS 1000D being sold in Spain, delivery in July Reply with quote

There are dealers in Spain who are already selling 1000D's.
Prices in Spain are 499€ body, 589€ with the basic lens (18-55 IS).
These prices include taxes.

To compare, the 450D kit is selling by 775€ (standard price) and the body alone by 640€ although there is a limitted summer offer giving the kit for only 715€.

Jes.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 15, 2008 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First "test" online: http://www.dpreview.com/previews/canon_1000d/

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

According the review, for a MF Lenser wishing a non full-frame camera, this can be a nice option!
It's closer to the 450D than to the 400D...

Jes.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

(Pre)Reviews tend to talk about silly features and megapixels, which are hardly relevant. What we haven't been able to check yet is the sensor itself, although it seems that maybe it's just the one from the 400D.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 16, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

naplam wrote:
(Pre)Reviews tend to talk about silly features and megapixels, which are hardly relevant. What we haven't been able to check yet is the sensor itself, although it seems that maybe it's just the one from the 400D.

Yes, but adding the liveview features and the contrast focusing, may add substantial value to the 400D sensor, a a lesser price...

I had no experience on the 400D, (I own a 350D) and the new features seem to fill the gap I was looking for. I know the camera case is not as solid and fine as the more expensive ones (they saved on the rubberish areas), but for an entry level digital MF SLR I think it can be great.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I must admit to having some interest in this new Canon.
I have been thinking about buying a S/H 20D just to fit a few new lenses. A body only sells for about £200 here but a new camera with better viewfinder and a low price seems a good option. I look forward to seeing them in the shops. If nothing else they will bring the price of the old 20 and 30 down even further.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jes wrote:
Prices in Spain are 499€ body

the 450D is already 530€ in Germany
I would like a extra smaller body and the 12Mp and viewfinder of the 450D seems more attractive than the 1000D

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
Jes wrote:
Prices in Spain are 499€ body

the 450D is already 530€ in Germany
I would like a extra smaller body and the 12Mp and viewfinder of the 450D seems more attractive than the 1000D

Thanks for the info, Poilu. Let's see which price will be sold the 1000D in Germany to compare. For a 100€ difference I would probably go for a 1000D, but for a smaller difference, for sure the 450D would be the choice.

Jes.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 17, 2008 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I must admit to having some interest in this new Canon.
I have been thinking about buying a S/H 20D just to fit a few new lenses. A body only sells for about £200 here but a new camera with better viewfinder and a low price seems a good option. I look forward to seeing them in the shops. If nothing else they will bring the price of the old 20 and 30 down even further.

Rob, in Spain the 20D and 30D bodies S/H are being sold in between 400€ and 550€. These are much better cameras (to the people's taste) than the new cheaper ones. The low noise (ISO) sensors are very appreciated.
The last one I've seen on sale at the Canonist group in Spain is a 30D body under warranty until 2009, 550€: http://www.canonistas.com/foros/showthread.php?t=85316
It has been sold in two days...

Jes.