Home
SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleiflex 2.8C Lens Cleaning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Rolleiflex 2.8C Lens Cleaning Reply with quote

So i bought a rollei and the take in lens has fungus. Anyone have experience with cleaning the lens on one of these? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you look for in kyphoto?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is kyphoto a forum or is kyphoto a joke for a ky jelly and that i will be raped on this repair?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too valuable to give a DIY fix.. where do you live ? may we can give you pro repair man address.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyphoto is/was a camera repair forum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in los angeles. I bought the camera on ebay and from the pics i thought it was fungus. Now that I have the camera, I dont know what it is. Can anyone help identifying whats going on with the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like scratches to me looking at the straight lines and the way the ones off centre follow the circumference of the lens. This may be a bigger job than you thought.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this will affect pixture quality to the point of being unusable?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this will affect pixture quality to the point of being unusable?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what the definition of useable is. Might not effect sharpness much, but will probably make the lens more sensitive to flare/lower contrast noticeably.

Looks like a combination of fungus and scratches.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lens flare and lower conttast is all that will happen from, im one very happy camper.