Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Rolleiflex 2.8C Lens Cleaning
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:06 am    Post subject: Rolleiflex 2.8C Lens Cleaning Reply with quote

So i bought a rollei and the take in lens has fungus. Anyone have experience with cleaning the lens on one of these? Thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you look for in kyphoto?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is kyphoto a forum or is kyphoto a joke for a ky jelly and that i will be raped on this repair?

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

too valuable to give a DIY fix.. where do you live ? may we can give you pro repair man address.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 17, 2013 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kyphoto is/was a camera repair forum.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 2:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in los angeles. I bought the camera on ebay and from the pics i thought it was fungus. Now that I have the camera, I dont know what it is. Can anyone help identifying whats going on with the lens?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks like scratches to me looking at the straight lines and the way the ones off centre follow the circumference of the lens. This may be a bigger job than you thought.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 5:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this will affect pixture quality to the point of being unusable?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 6:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you think this will affect pixture quality to the point of being unusable?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on what the definition of useable is. Might not effect sharpness much, but will probably make the lens more sensitive to flare/lower contrast noticeably.

Looks like a combination of fungus and scratches.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 27, 2013 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If lens flare and lower conttast is all that will happen from, im one very happy camper.