Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

MC Macro-Revuenon 4/24 close up
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 03, 2024 10:58 pm    Post subject: MC Macro-Revuenon 4/24 close up Reply with quote

The lens is not perfect, at least my copy. Corner OOF is not always the most pleasing at mid-range, sometimes a kind of indistinctive blur. When the sun is on the frame edge the flare is a highly pronounced magenta patch. And the camera used is Sony APS-C and not a FF. The overall result is nonetheless very pleasing.

The following shots are taken at f4 and f5.6, mostly at MFD. Minimal PP is applied in contrast/exposure department.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 2:05 am    Post subject: Re: MC Macro-Revuenon 4/24 close up Reply with quote

I really like these. New lens to add to my watch list!

alex ph wrote:
The lens is not perfect, at least my copy. Corner OOF is not always the most pleasing at mid-range, sometimes a kind of indistinctive blur. When the sun is on the frame edge the flare is a highly pronounced magenta patch. And the camera used is Sony APS-C and not a FF. The overall result is nonetheless very pleasing.

The following shots are taken at f4 and f5.6, mostly at MFD. Minimal PP is applied in contrast/exposure department.

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the images. Is this lens made by Cosina?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 9:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have a pic of the lens please?

PostPosted: Sat May 04, 2024 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like you liked it! The lens is Made in W.Germany, almost 100% it is by Enna. MFD 18cm.

The picture of the lens is already in the forum, put online by one of the members.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wish to add some more shots showing how the lens renders, including some of its faults.

#1 Mid range performance at f5.6, the corner front OOF (even with APS-C) looks a bit smashed

#2 Infinity performance at f5.6 or f8 looks good, and sharpness is pretty even (APS-C again)

#3 Bokeh is not the mildest with a complex background, but not the worst

#4 An "artsy" flare you may get with a strong sunlight

#5 The "patchy" stray light flare when the sun touches the frame edge

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Like you liked it! The lens is Made in W.Germany, almost 100% it is by Enna. MFD 18cm.

The picture of the lens is already in the forum, put online by one of the members.

here: https://forum.mflenses.com/macro-revuenon-enna-24mm-f-4-t54555.html

TrueLoveOne wrote:
The lens:

Macro Revuenon 24mm f/4 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

Macro Revuenon 24mm f/4 by TrueLoveOne, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a note which may interest some readers. I have the Cosina made Vivitar 24 /2,8. It focuses down to 19cm and is one stop faster than the Enna. Construction feels solid enough. I'm very happy with it but haven't done any serious testing WO at the minimum focusing distance. It might be easier to find than the Enna too.

More comments here:
https://www.pentaxforums.com/userreviews/vivitar-cosina-24mm-f28.html
https://forum.mflenses.com/vivitar-24mm-2-8-a-great-little-lens-t66103.html

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, visualopsins! The link to the TrueLoveOne's post was in my message. But the picture reposted here speaks better.

Phalbert, that sounds really interesting! Even the MFD comes so close in both lenses. Would you please take some test shots at MFD?

A couple more shots, the first is WO.

#1 At MFD

#2 Converted into BW, with exposure/contrast pushed pretty far

PostPosted: Wed May 08, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alex, I can do that but you'll have to wait a bit. Either about 12 days, or about 3 weeks, depending on my job's schedules. 😊

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 11:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, please do when it matches best to your rhythm! That will have the same value in two or three weeks, for sure.