Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

light seals Topcon Super D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2024 8:45 am    Post subject: light seals Topcon Super D Reply with quote

This caner ahas been sitting way too long,, so I'm planning to use it again. Just bought some batteries and now I need to change the light seals , I've read about adhesive foam would be ok, but never done it before.there are different thicknesses ,so which one is right for this camera ? I've seen specific photo sheets ,are they different than budget sheets that I could buy cheaper ? (One photo brand sheet would cost more than 20 no brand ones)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 13, 2024 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Topcon Super-D Service Manual may specify light seal thickness.
https://uscamera.com/product/topcon-super-d-service-manual/

A similar camera may have a kit available. The advantage of a kit is parts are pre-cut from correct thickness(es).

PostPosted: Mon Apr 15, 2024 9:17 pm    Post subject: Re: light seals Topcon Super D Reply with quote

I'd suggest just doing it with wool yarn. Just as effective and lasts forever.

Scrape out the old foam with a toothpick, apply a thin bead of E6000 or similar cement, and lay the yarn in and cut the ends to the correct length. Close the door to press it in, open it back up, let the cement cure, and you are done.

kiddo wrote:
This caner ahas been sitting way too long,, so I'm planning to use it again. Just bought some batteries and now I need to change the light seals , I've read about adhesive foam would be ok, but never done it before.there are different thicknesses ,so which one is right for this camera ? I've seen specific photo sheets ,are they different than budget sheets that I could buy cheaper ? (One photo brand sheet would cost more than 20 no brand ones)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:28 pm    Post subject: Re: light seals Topcon Super D Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:

Scrape out the old foam with a toothpick, apply a thin bead of E6000 or similar cement, and lay the yarn in and cut the ends to the correct length. Close the door to press it in, open it back up, let the cement cure, and you are done.

kiddo wrote:

thank you, the right thickness should be the one that fits right same size as the place where need to be seated? in case that the mirror need some attention, could it work as well the wool yarn?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0hmQWjuH4aY&pp=ygUkcmVwbGFjaW5nIGxpZ2h0IHNlYWxzIHRvcGNvbiBzdXBlciBE

An excellent video related to this camera

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 6:47 pm    Post subject: Re: light seals Topcon Super D Reply with quote

BrianSVP wrote:

kiddo wrote:

I had a sheet of foam removed from a home printer scanner that was broken , so I've used that one for the mirror damper and wool yarn for the back cover top and bottom ,but I wonder if this camera needs some foam on the lateral of the back cover , not only top and bottom wool yarn. In fact, when I e got the camera it didn't had any of these ,but as far as I know some camera do have lateral foam , so I wonder if this one would need it or not?

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2024 8:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've managed to use same foam on the right side next to the hinge ,it seems to work, one the left side is less gap to fit same foam , so maybe a thinner material might work better , I'm not sure how this camera came from the factory

PostPosted: Mon May 06, 2024 1:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy Dog Now to test your work! (Put a small bright led torch inside; step into a dark room...)