Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SUPER RARE - Steinheil Munchen Cassar 75mm F3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 9:29 pm    Post subject: SUPER RARE - Steinheil Munchen Cassar 75mm F3.5 Reply with quote

I got this Steinheil Munchen Cassar 75mm F3.5 c mount lens and I am trying to find out more info about it.
The serial number places its production around 1950-1953.
There are no references of this lens that I can find anywhere other than the links to WorthPoint site.

Does anyone know more about it? is it worth much?

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

With the C mount, it's presumably a cine lens. On 16mm, it'd be a pretty standard tele length.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:29 pm    Post subject: Re: SUPER RARE - Steinheil Munchen Cassar 75mm F3.5 Reply with quote

OS wrote:
I got this Steinheil Munchen Cassar 75mm F3.5 c mount lens and I am trying to find out more info about it.
The serial number places its production around 1950-1953.
There are no references of this lens that I can find anywhere other than the links to WorthPoint site.

Does anyone know more about it? is it worth much?

pics

Welcome OS

Your lens looks similar to Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are at least few thousand SN allocated to this lens and I have see it pop up from time to time.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you all.
I cannot find any references to this lense anywhere. I cannot even have a proof it existed. May be I dont know where to look.
THere are other lenses by Steinheil Munchen that look somewhat similar but they are 100mm and 135mm not 75mm.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Movie camera lens? https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/steinheil-cassar-75mm-3-mount-movie-1897257369

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
There are at least few thousand SN allocated to this lens and I have see it pop up from time to time.

Can you point to where you found this info?
Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

caspert79 wrote:
Movie camera lens? https://www.worthpoint.com/worthopedia/steinheil-cassar-75mm-3-mount-movie-1897257369

The thing is - the only place I found with any mention of this lens is the worthpoint site, showing the fact that it was sold on ebay 3 or 4 times in the past.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OS wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
OS wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Thanks

Wow, nice book!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2024 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
OS wrote:
calvin83 wrote:

Thanks

oh, thanks. I dont have that book.

I am curious how much that lens is worth if anything.