Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

First shots with Olympus Zuiko FC 7.5cm 2.8 on a7riv
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:42 am    Post subject: First shots with Olympus Zuiko FC 7.5cm 2.8 on a7riv Reply with quote

Reversibly adapted from the venerable Olympus-Six this was a relatively easy one. The lens/shutter assemble is held in place only with a jam nut. Drilled a suitable hole in an m42 body cap, then held in place with the jam nut. The most challenging thing was figuring out how to keep the shutter button held down in the B position. The lens was mostly very clean, except a very small spot of fungus right in the center of the back of the front group. A cursory splash with lens cleaner and zeiss wipes and it was good to go. Ostensibly FC stands for fully coated. I imagine that means all the lenses have a single coating. I did fit a deep hood to it, a tomato paste can lined with stick on optical felt held in place with silly putty.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:

Good result 👍

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2024 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found very limited info on its use on digital but some nice work with the film camera so I thought I'd give it a try. The 410 errors are really slowing my efforts down.Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 1:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
I found very limited info on its use on digital but some nice work with the film camera so I thought I'd give it a try. The 410 errors are really slowing my efforts down.Sad

410 is a client-side error. Probably internet peak-hours congestion. Try posting off-peak internet hours...

PostPosted: Tue Jan 09, 2024 4:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The camera is now complete again. I got it off the bay for 67 USD including shipping for it. It did have a substantial dent in the back panel, fortunately not into the pressure plate. A judicious few smacks with a selection of punches restored it to barely discernible. I plan to run some film through it just to play around a bit. I see working examples with the 2.8 lens seem to sell for decent money.