Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/8cm from 1936
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 3:56 pm    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 2.8/8cm from 1936 Reply with quote

Following Zeiss serial number records, this Tessar was made by Jena factories in 1936. Taken from a MF camera it sitn on a Compur shutter and was attached in this way to a Chinese helicoid.

Shots are taken with Sony Nex, so APS-C, with slight PP.

I rate splendid the bokeh of this old uncoated lens.

PostPosted: Sun May 12, 2024 4:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very good, your sample shots are great.

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Arri!

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 9:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Shows untamed lens character! Smile (There's a lot of room for taming)

PostPosted: Tue May 14, 2024 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has film-esque quality.

PostPosted: Wed May 15, 2024 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could bokeh here indicate some optical defect?

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Has film-esque quality.

Agreed!

Pancolart, do you mean a Tessar bokeh looking alike the Trioplan one is illegitimate? I can imagine this version of Tessar is undercorrected for some specific abberations. But visually this gives a nice looking effect, at least to my taste.

PostPosted: Thu May 16, 2024 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

very nice lens,

needs a propper hood for colors,

i think it would shine on BW, and low and high contrast

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Pancolart, do you mean a Tessar bokeh looking alike the Trioplan one is illegitimate? I can imagine this version of Tessar is undercorrected for some specific abberations. But visually this gives a nice looking effect, at least to my taste.

I mean this white dot inside a circle. Usually indicates some kind of problem in the lens system. But please correct me if i am being wrong.

PostPosted: Fri May 17, 2024 8:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw a similar effect in threads on Fujinon 2.2/55. I am not an expert in types of optical aberration and (under)correction. It seems to me this is a pronounced coma WO, but I may have made a completely wrong idea.

Here is a similar bokeh effect from Fujinon, shot by Lloydy