Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Luigi Ghirri
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Luigi Ghirri Reply with quote

Following this thread:
http://forum.mflenses.com/a-few-ones-from-saturday-t8458.html#71153

I introduce to the group some photographs by Luigi Ghirri (1943-1992)

I could not find any online of the wall posters series.

Some bio lines (google-translated):
http://snipurl.com/2uav3

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its easy to see his style. Nice work.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very close to one approach of "sachliche Photographie" in which very formal structures are depicted and still you can see that there is more behind the objects.
Hard to translate this term, "objective" or "factual" do not carry the whole meaning. I guess "clinical" is pretty close.
I like this kind of photography, but I would not like to look at shots like these exclusively. Wink

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
Very close to one approach of "sachliche Photographie" in which very formal structures are depicted and still you can see that there is more behind the objects.
Hard to translate this term, "objective" or "factual" do not carry the whole meaning. I guess "clinical" is pretty close.
I like this kind of photography, but I would not like to look at shots like these exclusively. Wink

Yes, me too.
Of course we must place things in historical perspective. These photos were fresher in the 70s than they are now. Now this kind of compositions has become popular and you see them in nearly all galleries.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, his style has certainly been copied by others, but your selection of
photos gives a nice presentation, thanks!

Bill

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that style, but I'd never heard of him. He died quite early - only 49, hardly any age at all.
Nos 2 and 5 are excellent examples.