Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Copyrights of bloggers writing about lenses have b violated.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:45 pm    Post subject: Copyrights of bloggers writing about lenses have b violated. Reply with quote

Hello everyone, the lively discussions going on at MF lenses always inspire me.
Thank you very much.

I am Japanese and I run a blog M42 MOUNT SPIRAL:
https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/
Some of you may know this blog.

I am writing this time to ask for your advice. As a matter of fact, I have recently been troubled by a Chinese blogger who has been plagiarizing a lot of my blog posts and digital content, and URL of his blog is

https://www.dujingtou.com/

I have contacted him and asked him to remove it, but he has no sense of guilt and refuses to do so.

My guess is that this blogger is plagiarizing a large number of articles about old cameras and old lenses from all over the world, probably without permission. The plagiarism of my articles is evidence of this. If I can reduce the number of victims by sharing information here, many people's writing will be protected and I will be happy. And this SNS (MF lense) can also play a sufficient role.

Please check to see if you or your friends' content or articles have been plagiarized; there are many articles that cannot be traced as links from HOME, and it is useful to search for them through search engines.

Actually, I first learned of this blogger's unauthorized plagiarism from a member of MF lenses contacted me about it.
I am very grateful to everyone at MF lenses and this social networking site.

It seems that this blogger will continue to be active until he will copy all my articles.
He told me that he would continue to write articles when he refuses my request for the deletion.
To my surprise, he had put a mark on photos I had taken claiming it as his own photos and published it on his blog.

I denounced this and he agreed to remove it, but not everything has been removed. Can you all stand it?
He only deletes articles that I tell him to.

The following is an example.
https://www.dujingtou.com/article_14531.shtml
(the author is aware of this post and the above article may be removed.)

and the original article is
https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2009/07/50mmf19-m42-mount.html

It is very sad, and I myself have become displeased with updating my blog and have recently lost the desire to write documents.

I have reported the copyright infringement to GOOGLE DMCA, but there are 332 articles in my blog. The number is too large for one person to handle (I'm tired). Most likely, many of these articles have been translated to
Chinese and plagiarized as his articles with my illustration diagrams and some of my photos.

When I search for the access point, it comes up as Cloudflare, but Cloudflare responds that it is not their domain. I can't find a good way to get him to remove the publication.

I would be happy if with your help the blogger's copyright is protected.
Thank you for taking the time to read this lengthy article.
I wish you all the best in your creative endeavors and hope they come to fruition.

spiral

The following are some examples of plagiarism.

https://www.dujingtou.com/article_14784.shtml
[ORIGINAL POST] https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2020/02/carl-zeiss-ultron-50mm-f18-m42-mount.html

https://www.dujingtou.com/t/doppel-protar
[ORIGINAL POST] https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2014/10/zeisspart-2-doppel-protar-protarlinse-x2.html

https://www.dujingtou.com/article_20566.shtml
[ORIGINAL POST] https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2014/07/proiogue-zeiss.html

https://www.dujingtou.com/article_17225.shtml
[ORIGINAL POST] https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2011/02/carl-zeiss-jena-tessar-50mmf28-and-carl.html

https://www.dujingtou.com/article_17059.shtml
[ORIGINAL POST] https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/2010/12/helios-44m39-44mm42-44m6m42-58mmf2-and.html

Last edited by spiral on Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:35 pm; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 3:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Copyrights of bloggers writing about lenses have b viola Reply with quote

spiral wrote:
Hello everyone, the lively discussions going on at MF lenses always inspire me.
Thank you very much.

I am Japanese and I run a blog M42 MOUNT SPIRAL:
https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com/
Some of you may know this blog.

I am writing this time to ask for your advice. As a matter of fact, I have recently been troubled by a Chinese blogger who has been plagiarizing a lot of my blog posts and digital content, and URL of his blog is

https://www.dujingtou.com/

I have contacted him and asked him to remove it, but he has no sense of guilt and refuses to do so.

My guess is that this blogger is plagiarizing a large number of articles about old cameras and old lenses from all over the world, probably without permission. The plagiarism of my articles is evidence of this. If I can reduce the number of victims by sharing information here, many people's writing will be protected and I will be happy. And this SNS (MF lense) can also play a sufficient role.

Welcome spiral! Your blog is my favourite manual lenses blog since 2012. I have learn a lot from your blog posts.

The site copying your posts seems some kind of content farms focus on manual lenses. It copies content from all other places and post it on their own site. If you can't get the content deleted, your best bet may be just spread the information.

BTW, Google is blocked in China. It may be a better idea to file a report in Baidu which is one of the main search engine in China. However, since you are not living in China, it is not feasible as they accept report outside china, unless you authorize someone in China do it for you.
https://newcopyright.baidu.com/help?curid=5

Here is a screenshot of searching "Rodenstock Heligon" in Baidu.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:19 pm    Post subject: Thank you for giving me ideas. Reply with quote

Dear calvin83

Thanks for the advice, your remarks on MFlenses are always remarkable and wonderful.
You must be a creative creature, like a bird swimming underwater.

> If you can't get the content deleted,
> your best bet may be just spread
> the information.

Yes, I am sure that is the only way to do it.
However, writing on a social networking site, one might attract the
attention of professionals who can solve this type of problem.

It also creates an opportunity to collaborate with similar victims.

> It may be a better idea to file a report in
> Baidu which is one of the main search engine in China.
> However, since you are not living in China, it is not
> feasible as they accept report outside china,
> unless you authorize someone in China do it for you.
> https://newcopyright.baidu.com/help?curid=5

This is a very, very kind and thoughtful comment.
Thank you very much.

spiral

Oplarex, Miranda F1.4, Petri 21mm F3.8
are my favorite lenses now.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you spiral. Your knowledge on manual lenses had inspired many people in the manual lens world. We welcome you sharing your work here too.

Quote:

Yes. We are now spreading the information.

Quote:

I have an Oplarex which waiting for an adapter. I like Miranda lenses too, especially the early chrome lenses.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2022 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spiral, if you have copyrighted your images and blog text and if you're deriving any sort of income from any of the images or text that was stolen, then you have a case under international copyright law where you can sue this guy for your loss. But realistically it might not be worth the trouble. Years ago, I had a similar thing happen to me here in the US. Some low-life, after a quick buck, copied large portions of text from a book I wrote, which he included in a book he was selling. I talked to a lawyer about it because I wanted to sue him for damages, the whole deal. The lawyer broke things down in a very logical manner for me. First thing he did was have me estimate the amount of theft that had occurred, as a percentage of the entire book. Then I multiplied this percentage by the amount of my royalties for each book. Then I had to estimate the number of books he sold. It ended up being a minuscule amount, definitely not worth the price of a lawyer to pursue the matter. I settled with having the lawyer send him a "cease and desist" letter and called it a day. Didn't look back, and continued to develop and improve my book through further editions. His book quickly faded from the scene, whereas mine had staying power.

You should probably look at this similarly. You are the creator of your work, thus it is your thoughts and inspirations and expertise, and just plain work that go into producing your blog. Don't let this idiot Chinese distract you from that. Stay the course, keep producing quality material. The wise will know the difference.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Spiral:
Feel sorry for your case. As a Chinese living in mainland, The website 'Dujingtou' has operated for several years as I know, he even sell camera-titled T-shirts and provide APP for Android phones..., so the plagiarizing should lasted for a long time and it must be more victims. I saw he wrote something like 'photos from https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com' at the end of his plagiarizing but as we know he didn't get your authorization at all...
The copyright-related laws nowadays in China is much better than the past years, but sadly if you want him to remove the plagiarizing from his website you should come to China and start a prosecution, or ask an agent in China to do it.
Suggest you to download his APP and check if he did the same plagiarized things on it, then provide you evidence to ask GOOGLE Market to ban his APP.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 1:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Spiral, if you have copyrighted your images and blog text and if you're deriving any sort of income from any of the images or text that was stolen, then you have a case under international copyright law where you can sue this guy for your loss. But realistically it might not be worth the trouble. Years ago, I had a similar thing happen to me here in the US. Some low-life, after a quick buck, copied large portions of text from a book I wrote, which he included in a book he was selling. I talked to a lawyer about it because I wanted to sue him for damages, the whole deal. The lawyer broke things down in a very logical manner for me. First thing he did was have me estimate the amount of theft that had occurred, as a percentage of the entire book. Then I multiplied this percentage by the amount of my royalties for each book. Then I had to estimate the number of books he sold. It ended up being a minuscule amount, definitely not worth the price of a lawyer to pursue the matter. I settled with having the lawyer send him a "cease and desist" letter and called it a day. Didn't look back, and continued to develop and improve my book through further editions. His book quickly faded from the scene, whereas mine had staying power.

You should probably look at this similarly. You are the creator of your work, thus it is your thoughts and inspirations and expertise, and just plain work that go into producing your blog. Don't let this idiot Chinese distract you from that. Stay the course, keep producing quality material. The wise will know the difference.

this things happened everyday and everywhere around the world, one of my Chinese friend also complained the plagiarize done by an idiot American.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Weeding out crime by updating copyrighted works is ertainly one effective approach to solve the problem.
Your experience is practical and valuable for me, and thank you.

Your encouragement turns into courage for me.
Chinese people around me are very educated, sensible, wise, and profound people, so my respect for the Chinese is no different.

many thanks

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:
Hi Spiral:
Feel sorry for your case. As a Chinese living in mainland, The website 'Dujingtou' has operated for several years as I know, he even sell camera-titled T-shirts and provide APP for Android phones..., so the plagiarizing should lasted for a long time and it must be more victims. I saw he wrote something like 'photos from https://spiral-m42.blogspot.com' at the end of his plagiarizing but as we know he didn't get your authorization at all...

I appreciate your thoughtfulness. There are many Chinese people in my neighborhood, and they are in general are very wise, caring and wonderful like you. My respect for the Chinese people will never change.

monkjason wrote:

The copyright-related laws nowadays in China is much better than the past years, but sadly if you want him to remove the plagiarizing from his website you should come to China and start a prosecution, or ask an agent in China to do it.
Suggest you to download his APP and check if he did the same plagiarized things on it, then provide you evidence to ask GOOGLE Market to ban his APP.

This advice is also very specific and I sincerely appreciate it from you. I feel that the first step is for the victims to cooperate and work together.
There must be victims also in mainland China as well.

Last edited by spiral on Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:11 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

this things happened everyday and everywhere around the world, one of my Chinese friend also complained the plagiarize done by an idiot American.

There are many idiots also among Japanese people, including myself. After all, there are a certain percentage of them all over the world. What is important is whether we have the judgment to recognize guilt after making a mistake. I am willing to forgive if he admits his mistake and removes the plagiarism.

I had been communicating with him by e-mail and he once agreed to delete the data, but in reality, the blog continued to be open, just blocking access from Japan under the pretense of deleting it.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

spiral wrote:
monkjason wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

There are many idiots also among Japanese people, including myself. After all, there are a certain percentage of them all over the world. What is important is whether we have the judgment to recognize guilt after making a mistake. I am willing to forgive if he admits his mistake and removes the plagiarism.

I had been communicating with him by e-mail and he once agreed to delete the data, but in reality, the blog continued to be open, just blocking access from Japan under the pretense of deleting it.

Let me try to send him a Chinese mail to claim your requirement.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Yes. We are now spreading the information.[/quote]

I want to start with what we can, a little at a time. It is important for victims to work together.
Thank you for your cooperation, it is much appreciated!!

Quote:

I have an Oplarex which waiting for an adapter.
I like Miranda lenses too, especially the early chrome lenses.[/quote]

Oplarex is a very interesting lens.
I look forward to the arrival of the adapter to you.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:49 am    Post subject: I appreciate it!!! Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:
spiral wrote:
monkjason wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

Dear monkjason

I thank you for your offer. You are a wonderful person, and I am very happy that you are here.

As I wrote in my previous post, I strongly denounced him once. because he broke his promise and betrayed me. He turned my anger into his own anger, so even if you mediate, it may not work. But I appreciate your offer very much. I am willing to forgive him on the condition that he delete the articles related to my blog and never break his promise again.

If he refuses again, the only way I can do that is to share the information in many places. I would prefer not to do that if possible.

Your offer is very brave. But please don't take it too hard. I appreciate it.

Best regards
spiral

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Someone from China shamelessly copying your writings?
I'm shocked!

I feel your pain, and it is very difficult to do anything

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apparently, some folks here objected -- in a very polite manner -- to my term "idiot Chinese." I should have chosen my words more carefully I suppose, but, you see, when I get pissed off at somebody or at something, I tend to use words for effect, if not accuracy. So, considering what this Chinese individual is making a habit of doing, I have no respect for him, thus I'll use whatever words I wish to when describing him. These words apply to him only. Clear?

By the way -- full disclosure here -- I'm married to an ethnic Chinese woman from Taiwan, who is trilingual. We have a daughter as well, who is bilingual. I know many of her family and friends who live in Taiwan, and a few who have moved here to the USA. They are all wonderful people. Her late mother was one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever known, and I miss her. She was quadrilingual. So, just so's you know.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thankfully idiot is usually only temporary ignorance. Smile

You might ask him to add a link to your website wherever you are quoted on his website -- help each other in this way...

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2022 11:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

You're being way too kind. Idiot is, to me, synonymous with stupid. And you know what they say -- you can't fix stupid.

I suppose though that if I'm gonna cling to this definition, I need to rethink a proper adjective for that Chinese guy because he is obviously not an idiot. What can I say? I lash out verbally and (sometimes) physically when I get pissed off. And when I lash out verbally, I'm not doing a careful job of parsing my adjectives to make sure that I don't offend anyone. So, I've given it some more thought for a suitable adjective. Actually, an adjective doesn't occur to me, but a noun does -- an accurate noun: thief.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

You might ask him to add a link to your website wherever you are quoted on his website -- help each other in this way...

I don't think this is a good idea, bcoz that guy just use GOOGLE Translate tool to simply translate many articles from other websites to Chinese (including Spiral's), and the translated ones are not very clear even for a Chinese (Google Translation, emmm...). Some of them he mentioned at the bottom clarifying the articles from where, but you know, some original writers may not authorize him to 'use' the articles or photos... I will try to persuade that guy to correct, if possible. Thank You Dog

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:10 am    Post subject: Re: I appreciate it!!! Reply with quote

spiral wrote:
monkjason wrote:
spiral wrote:
monkjason wrote:
cooltouch wrote:

Dear monkjason

I thank you for your offer. You are a wonderful person, and I am very happy that you are here.

As I wrote in my previous post, I strongly denounced him once. because he broke his promise and betrayed me. He turned my anger into his own anger, so even if you mediate, it may not work. But I appreciate your offer very much. I am willing to forgive him on the condition that he delete the articles related to my blog and never break his promise again.

If he refuses again, the only way I can do that is to share the information in many places. I would prefer not to do that if possible.

Your offer is very brave. But please don't take it too hard. I appreciate it.

Best regards
spiral

Please calm down dear friend, I'm not willing to make the thing worse.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 1:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
Apparently, some folks here objected -- in a very polite manner -- to my term "idiot Chinese." I should have chosen my words more carefully I suppose, but, you see, when I get pissed off at somebody or at something, I tend to use words for effect, if not accuracy. So, considering what this Chinese individual is making a habit of doing, I have no respect for him, thus I'll use whatever words I wish to when describing him. These words apply to him only. Clear?

By the way -- full disclosure here -- I'm married to an ethnic Chinese woman from Taiwan, who is trilingual. We have a daughter as well, who is bilingual. I know many of her family and friends who live in Taiwan, and a few who have moved here to the USA. They are all wonderful people. Her late mother was one of the sweetest, kindest people I've ever known, and I miss her. She was quadrilingual. So, just so's you know.

Of course I know your meaning at the very beginning of the case (I also agree that guy who operating the website is shameless one). I just feel bad when you say 'idiot Chinese', or I could say, you might not choose your words carefully at that time. You said you can use whatever words to describe that filthy one, so I think I also have the right to say something I think may not proper. Clear?

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Absolutely clear -- to me. Hey, I don't have a problem when people speak their minds, even if it is deemed to be politically incorrect. One of the biggest problems I have with modern society is people seem to go out of their way these days at becoming offended. Get over it, already. Or to use another colloquialism, Butch up, Sally.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lay Down Sally https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7AVdsqhsRPU

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:

Like 1 small

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:

He only indicates the source of the citation on a few blog entries. The number of my blog entries copied is about 50-100.
I do not want him to use photos or illustrations, but that is not adhered to.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 24, 2022 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

monkjason wrote:
visualopsins wrote:

I don't think this is a good idea, bcoz that guy just use GOOGLE Translate tool to simply translate many articles from other websites to Chinese (including Spiral's), and the translated ones are not very clear even for a Chinese (Google Translation, emmm...). Some of them he mentioned at the bottom clarifying the articles from where, but you know, some original writers may not authorize him to 'use' the articles or photos... I will try to persuade that guy to correct, if possible. Thank You Dog

Words of gratitude are not enough to express my appreciation for your courageous actions. But Please do not overdo it.