Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sakar (Korea) 60-300mm f4-5.6
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2023 8:35 am    Post subject: Sakar (Korea) 60-300mm f4-5.6 Reply with quote

Finally got around to doing a bit with this one, just indoors at MFD for now.

Pictures of lens first:

Name ring.

Lens body.

Depth of field scales.

At 60mm wide open here. Focus was on paper tag in back-ground.

Crop of image center. Disregard the softness here- it is high ISO and not the lens.

Same shot at 300mm un-cropped.

At 60mm wide open.

At 300mm wide open.

At 300mm wide open again.

I actually had this shelved for quite a while.
After some efforts with it on APSC, I gave up on it.
It seems to be doing a bit better on full frame, but I have yet to get it outside.
I am going to wait for it to warm up a little here first.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 22, 2023 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Sakar (Korea) 60-300mm f4-5.6 Reply with quote

Not too impressive at 6o imho
Nice at 3oo, but to evaluate the long end, subjects farther away might be more relevant. Many telephoto lenses are optimised for too close a focus range and thus look good in tests like yours, but fall apart when used in the real world.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 24, 2023 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be moderately well corrected for use at 300mm.
At f8 here and ISO 400.
I can't quite put my finger on what it is I dislike about this lens.
Fine detail seems to be pretty well non-existent with this one at a distance~ I seem to have trouble finding well defined edges where I focused.

300mm and f8 again here. Bit of bbl distortion towards the upper left hand corner. Nothing in this image seems to "bite".

Focus zone was on the chimney cap at center. F8 again.
I think this one is going back on the shelf....

-D.S.