Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 100/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 1:42 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Sonnar T* 100/3.5 Reply with quote

Hello people!

I think I don't need to introduce this lens. It's damn sharp, with really nice 3D effect, great bokeh and...it's Zeiss hahaha. Only the price...hurts. I'm posting few photos from today's trip to Alkrington Woods. I hope You'll enjoy it as same as me!

Next time I'll try to post some samples of Carl Zeiss Distagon T* 28/2.8 Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is very sharp (even without swearing...Smile )

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

kds315* wrote:
Yes, it is very sharp (even without swearing...Smile )

hahaha, I'm taking all those tests too emotional LOL

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still the results came out very well Wink Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 3:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Colours of paint!

good job !

+1

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens, as you said it's excellent, I really like the color rendering of the T* lenses (I'm aware that the ones posten have PP). Size is about the same than an orestor 100.

Mine has no mirror issues on the 5d.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

VERY nice indeed!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank You all guys! If anyone is looking for some short tele with outstanding sharpness, this is one of the best options

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 2:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

look forward to NEXT time !

Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

best option?
Anybody compare it to Vouigtlander apo lanthar 90/3,5?
How about CA control of this lens?
Oh BTW, nice pictures zakapior Wink

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 5:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

IAZA wrote:
best option?
Anybody compare it to Vouigtlander apo lanthar 90/3,5?
How about CA control of this lens?
Oh BTW, nice pictures zakapior Wink

"one of..." IAZA Wink This Voigtlander is a nice piece of glass, but for me, direct competition for Sonnar T* 100/3.5 will be Nikkor 105/2.5 and Planar 100/2 where Nikkor is probably the best choice when are You looking at price/performance relation Smile

No signs of ca on my test photos! Thanks a lot for sharing your opinion! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There has been quite some talking about 100mm lenses in the forum. I was looking for a Topcor 2.8 on the bay (they seem to have become rare and expensive). While doing so I stumbled upon a C/Y Zeiss 100mm 3.5 for 234 Euro, guess that it was a fair price in today's money for a zeiss. Have not received the lens yet.

Any thought on this one? I am specially interested on experiences compared to Minolta (5e), Topcor, Nikkor, Kaleinar. Any others are also welcomed.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only got the yashica ml 100mm macro version , I guess Zeiss t coating should give some better microcontrast (paid around 40€ for it)

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I've only got the yashica ml 100mm macro version , I guess Zeiss t coating should give some better microcontrast (paid around 40€ for it)

Yashica ML 3.5/100mm and Zeiss CY 3.5/100 have complpetely different optical constructions. Zeiss is a typica ernostar design:
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/consumer-products/downloads/historical-products/photography/contax-yashica/en/datasheet-zeiss-sonnar-35100-en.pdf

Yashica is an interesting [6/4] design combined from a planar-like part in front of the aperture, and a symmar-like part back:
https://cargocollective.com/yashica/filter/Info/About-Yashica-ML-Prime-Lenses

S

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

stevemark wrote:
kiddo wrote:

Yashica ML 3.5/100mm and Zeiss CY 3.5/100 have complpetely different optical constructions. Zeiss is a typica ernostar design:
https://www.zeiss.com/content/dam/consumer-products/downloads/historical-products/photography/contax-yashica/en/datasheet-zeiss-sonnar-35100-en.pdf

Yashica is an interesting [6/4] design combined from a planar-like part in front of the aperture, and a symmar-like part back:
https://cargocollective.com/yashica/filter/Info/About-Yashica-ML-Prime-Lenses

S

Hi Steve,
How would you rate that Zeiss 3.5 version compared to Minolta 2.5 (I have the last mc with screw hood)?

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Bronica Zenzanon-S 3.5/105 will give any of the lenses mentioned a run for it's money including the Zeiss Sonnar. Adapters aren't all that easy to come by though and can be costly.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pabeu wrote:
There has been quite some talking about 100mm lenses in the forum. I was looking for a Topcor 2.8 on the bay (they seem to have become rare and expensive). While doing so I stumbled upon a C/Y Zeiss 100mm 3.5 for 234 Euro, guess that it was a fair price in today's money for a zeiss. Have not received the lens yet.

Any thought on this one? I am specially interested on experiences compared to Minolta (5e), Topcor, Nikkor, Kaleinar. Any others are also welcomed.

Cheers.

No experience with the Zeiss, but I generally love this focal length and I'm sure it doesn't disappoint. My favorite vintage 100mm (non macro) so far is the Minolta.