Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Bronica 80mm 2.8 adapted to Sony
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:06 pm    Post subject: Bronica 80mm 2.8 adapted to Sony Reply with quote

This is the Zenzanon-PS 80mm 2.8 tested on a Sony a7.

It has a gentle softness to it at f/2.8 that can be a benefit for portraits.

I can recommend it for film but the size makes it a bit heavy on the Sony. Still fun to use!

Bonus film shots from last summer:

Konica Centuria 100.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 8:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 I have never tried Bronica lenses before. Looks really good.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 13, 2023 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a couple of the Zenzanon-S and they are stunning on my Sony a850. Sadly, the 100mm has a broken helicoid now, the 4.5/200 is my goto longish lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

Should be a good lens for GFX too.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Like 1 I have never tried Bronica lenses before. Looks really good.

Thanks! They are good, the only "problem" is that they focus in the Nikon direction Very Happy

calvin83 wrote:
Like 1

Should be a good lens for GFX too.

I can imagine so!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I have a couple of the Zenzanon-S and they are stunning on my Sony a850. Sadly, the 100mm has a broken helicoid now, the 4.5/200 is my goto longish lens.

I've never tried those two. But in my kit is a 50mm PS f3.5 and 150mm S f3.5 that will be tested sooner or later.

It feels a bit silly to mount such a big and slow 50mm lens though.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great captures, the ones on film as well! I have a Nikkor-P 75 mm f/2.8 which was also a Zenza Bronica MF lens... maybe it even was the predecessor of your lens, I'm not sure. It's quite complicated to adapt and not really great wide open, so I never really got around to use it much.

blotafton wrote:

Unless you use it with a tilt/shift adapter! Wink

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 2:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Great captures, the ones on film as well! I have a Nikkor-P 75 mm f/2.8 which was also a Zenza Bronica MF lens... maybe it even was the predecessor of your lens, I'm not sure. It's quite complicated to adapt and not really great wide open, so I never really got around to use it much.

blotafton wrote:

I've done that; the Bronica lenses work well with a T/S adapter, but the adapter may need some adapting (sic) to ensure the in-lens leaf shutter stays open when mounting the lens.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:

Thanks!

That Nikkor looks good on flickr samples. Yes I think an earlier model. Looks a bit complicated to adapt indeed.

blotafton wrote:

Unless you use it with a tilt/shift adapter! Wink[/quote]

True, didn't think about that![quote]

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting lens and good pictures 👍👍👍

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 12:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

blotafton wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

Thanks!

That Nikkor looks good on flickr samples. Yes I think an earlier model. Looks a bit complicated to adapt indeed.

blotafton wrote:

True, didn't think about that!
Quote:

That's where I am trying to use the 65 PS, via a fotodiox adapter, to fill the gap between my Canon 45 & 90 lenses. It's visibly better for both resolution and colour than the 45 TS-E + 1.4x III combination. The 80mm stopped down to f/11 is very good too.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bp_reid wrote:
blotafton wrote:
simple.joy wrote:

Thanks!

blotafton wrote:

True, didn't think about that!
Quote:

That's where I am trying to use the 65 PS, via a fotodiox adapter, to fill the gap between my Canon 45 & 90 lenses. It's visibly better for both resolution and colour than the 45 TS-E + 1.4x III combination. The 80mm stopped down to f/11 is very good too.

The Fotodiox ROKR adapters are useful, but my experience was that the quality control on them is a bit hit-and-miss; mine needed quite a bit of work to ensure that a true zero degrees tilt could be obtained. I adapted it to the Minolta SR mount in the process, so it can go straight onto the Minolta SR - SONY NEX adapter mounted on a SONY A7 camera, or straight onto a Minolta body:

http://forum.mflenses.com/custom-minolta-sr-md-mount-adaptations-t83467.html

In any case, results with both the 150mm PS and 40mm PS I have tried so far were excellent.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 15, 2023 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1

One of the better efforts that came with the SQ series.
It was my most used lens with the SQ-a.
That is the route I would take, especially if I were to consider film more seriously than I do now.

-D.S.