Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Interchangeable Mount Bellows
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Apr 25, 2009 10:56 pm    Post subject: Interchangeable Mount Bellows Reply with quote

The Butterfield bellows system used to be very popular in the UK - they provided a good quality bellows with interchangeable mounts. There are still a few left for sale despite the demise of Butterfield a few years ago. Here is one of the stores still selling the equipment:
http://www.macrobellows.com/

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see that they have the bellws but where would you get the camera+lens mounts from?

I have a similar one with 6 sets of different exchangeable camera +lens mounts, so it fits nearly everything.

Nice tip, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't buy them from him. He is just taking all the items off ebay and marking them up stupid high. They are good bellows, I have a set, but I paid only GBP 18.00 on ebay last year, which is what they're worth. They aren't rare. SRB still make the lens/body mounts too.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 11:52 am    Post subject: BPM bellows Reply with quote

The BPM bellows unit is absolutely first class, and reminiscent of the German Novoflex models, I think. One of its neatest tricks is to let you swop the camera and lens positions, which avoids having the rails bumping into whatever you're photographing. But of course they tend to stick into your cheek !

Graham's right that SRB-Griturn can still supply some adapters from stock - if fact they make a special BPM to T2 adapter for the camera side, which is particularly useful. I have one, as well as the front-end BPM-39mm LTM one. SRB-Griturn aren't particularly cheap on their prices, but the stuff is good.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Klaus
They have a range of lens mounts and camera mounts available too. I am waiting for some that I ordered - to use the bellows on my nikons and 40D with any of my five different mount lenses. Smile Smile

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun Apr 26, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an M42 bellows (Piesker & Co.). Will adapt to any camera for very cheap. No, I'm not talking about M42-> adapters, which can be a hassle to take off, especially with Pentax bodies, which require you to unscrew M42 lenses. I'm talking about T-mount adapters (which we all have, right?), which will screw in most of the way, but what's an added millimeter or two when using a bellows? Smile