Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios 81
View previous topic :: View next topic  


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 4:49 pm    Post subject: Helios 81 Reply with quote

Hey

My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.

I would like to have a question in the hope that someone could help me.


There are Helios 81 lenses without any other marking (like Helios 81H, Heios 81M)
What type of mount does this lens have? I just bought one MC Helios-81 2/50 and i would like to know before the lens arrives.

Happy New Year and all the best from Transsylvania!
Sorry for my poor hungarian english!


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 5:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum.

Some intelligent forum member will give an answer I'm sure.
I answered simply for emotional support. Wink

If you can post a photo of the lens showing the mount that will help.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.
Nikon F mount, I think.


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 6:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome!

You will find some information here: http://allphotolenses.com/lenses/item/c_396.html

Please do not apologize for your "Hungarian English".
You would be terrified of my "Hungarian"!


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 8:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last time I was with Dracula he told me he was born in Romenia.

Laughing

Wellcome guy, post a picture of the lens mount, it will be more easy to identify the mount,

Cheers,

Renato


PostPosted: Tue Dec 31, 2013 10:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoolez.. Your English is great.I can't even spell ungariann. Welcome and Happy New year


PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:52 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 81 Reply with quote

zoolez wrote:
Hey

My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.

I would like to have a question in the hope that someone could help me.


There are Helios 81 lenses without any other marking (like Helios 81H, Heios 81M)
What type of mount does this lens have? I just bought one MC Helios-81 2/50 and i would like to know before the lens arrives.

Happy New Year and all the best from Transsylvania!
Sorry for my poor hungarian english!


Hello Zoli ,its Nikon F mount


PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Zoli! Nice to see a countryman here!


PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome Zoli! Nice to see a countryman here!


PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 2:18 pm    Post subject: Szevasztok Reply with quote

Thanx for all the kind words and for the feedbacks for all of you. Smile

I asked because i read on the internet that exists Helios 81 lenses with m42 mount on Nikon F mount cameras, the ones with simple Helios-81 mark (without H or M mark at the end).


[/img]


PostPosted: Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:16 pm    Post subject: Re: Szevasztok Reply with quote

zoolez wrote:


I asked because i read on the internet that exists Helios 81 lenses with m42 mount on Nikon F mount cameras, the ones with simple Helios-81 mark (without H or M mark at the end).


[/img]


Im not quite sure what do you mean, but in the picture, the lens is mounted on a Kiev-19 camera, which uses Nikon F-mount.


PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:18 am    Post subject: Re: Szevasztok Reply with quote

[quote="Gurdie"]
zoolez wrote:


Im not quite sure what do you mean, but in the picture, the lens is mounted on a Kiev-19 camera, which uses Nikon F-mount.



I read on a site that the simple marked Helios lens is a rare type with m42 mount. The Helios-80H Helios-81M is nikon mount. How could be that, or it is possible?



Thanx for the replies.

Regards, zoli


PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Helios 81H is for Nikon (N is H in Russian letter) and 81M for m42 probably?!? Surprised


PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:15 am    Post subject: Re: Szevasztok Reply with quote

[quote="zoolez"]
Gurdie wrote:
zoolez wrote:


Im not quite sure what do you mean, but in the picture, the lens is mounted on a Kiev-19 camera, which uses Nikon F-mount.



I read on a site that the simple marked Helios lens is a rare type with m42 mount. The Helios-80H Helios-81M is nikon mount. How could be that, or it is possible?



Thanx for the replies.

Regards, zoli


Gurdie is correct. The Kiev 19 is normally, or maybe always, Nikon-F mount. Carry out a picture search for "Helios 81" and you will find pictures of the Helios 81 mounted on Nikon bodies.

The Helios 81M is also found in F-mount. It is 53mm f/2 and doesn't have an Ai metering ridge. Again - a picture search will help.

The Helios 81H, 50/2 is found in Nikon F mount and has an Ai metering ridge.

Lenses designed for the Kiev 19 (Nikon F mount) were often supplied with interchangeable mounts. So for example you can find a MIR 24H (35/2) with either a Nikon F mount or an M42 mount. The MIR 24M designed for M42 is different. Maybe the Helios 81 series also came with interchangeable mounts.

Note that there is another Helios 81 which is designed for earlier "Russian" SLRs (Kiev 10, Kiev 15 ???). It doesn't have an aperture ring and is very difficult to use on other cameras.


PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanx Sichko for the detailed answer. Interchangeable means lenses with different backs?

regards, zoli


PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:14 pm    Post subject: Re: Szevasztok Reply with quote

sichko wrote:

Gurdie is correct. The Kiev 19 is normally, or maybe always, Nikon-F mount. Carry out a picture search for "Helios 81" and you will find pictures of the Helios 81 mounted on Nikon bodies.

The Helios 81M is also found in F-mount. It is 53mm f/2 and doesn't have an Ai metering ridge. Again - a picture search will help.

The Helios 81H, 50/2 is found in Nikon F mount and has an Ai metering ridge.


Oops! I just noticed, that my copy of Helios 81 is without any H (N) marking, just like in your pic. Embarassed

Serial number is 92063xx. And it has F-mount. There is no Ai metering ridge, I had to glue a piece of plastic there, see this thread.
http://forum.mflenses.com/helios-81n-50mm-f-2-full-frame-pics-t50921,highlight,%2Bhelios+%2B81n.html


PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 4:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zoolez wrote:
Thanx Sichko for the detailed answer. Interchangeable means lenses with different backs?

regards, zoli


Yes...

Many russian lenses are available in M42 screwmount (Name-M) or Nikon bayonet (Name-H) and share the same formula.
For instance, the 35mm 2.0 MIR-24M in M42 mount vs MIR-24H in nikon mount


PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Thnax for the feedbacks Reply with quote

Thank you Vitor for clarifications. And thanx a lot Gurdie for pointing out the thread about the lens modification. Very clever.

regards, zoli


PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 7:58 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 81 Reply with quote

zoolez wrote:
Hey

My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.

I would like to have a question in the hope that someone could help me.


There are Helios 81 lenses without any other marking (like Helios 81H, Heios 81M)
What type of mount does this lens have? I just bought one MC Helios-81 2/50 and i would like to know before the lens arrives.

Happy New Year and all the best from Transsylvania!
Sorry for my poor hungarian english!


What is the mount type of this lens then?

In eBay, I found a Helios-81H but with M42 mount.
Click here to see on Ebay
Is it original?


#1


#2


p.s.
Why the preview is OK but the link and pics are lost once submitted?
the item number in eBay is 304648837565.


PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:43 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 81 Reply with quote

lxg wrote:
zoolez wrote:
Hey

My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.

I would like to have a question in the hope that someone could help me.


There are Helios 81 lenses without any other marking (like Helios 81H, Heios 81M)
What type of mount does this lens have? I just bought one MC Helios-81 2/50 and i would like to know before the lens arrives.

Happy New Year and all the best from Transsylvania!
Sorry for my poor hungarian english!


What is the mount type of this lens then?

In eBay, I found a Helios-81H but with M42 mount.
Click here to see on Ebay
Is it original?


#1


#2


p.s.
Why the preview is OK but the link and pics are lost once submitted?
the item number in eBay is 304648837565.

The description says: rare modification for an M42 mount


PostPosted: Wed Feb 01, 2023 11:48 am    Post subject: Re: Helios 81 Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
lxg wrote:
zoolez wrote:
Hey

My name is Zoli and i'm from Transsylvania.

I would like to have a question in the hope that someone could help me.


There are Helios 81 lenses without any other marking (like Helios 81H, Heios 81M)
What type of mount does this lens have? I just bought one MC Helios-81 2/50 and i would like to know before the lens arrives.

Happy New Year and all the best from Transsylvania!
Sorry for my poor hungarian english!


What is the mount type of this lens then?

In eBay, I found a Helios-81H but with M42 mount.
Click here to see on Ebay
Is it original?


#1


#2


p.s.
Why the preview is OK but the link and pics are lost once submitted?
the item number in eBay is 304648837565.

The description says: rare modification for an M42 mount


Thanks.


PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2023 12:51 pm    Post subject: Re: Helios 81 Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:

The description says: rare modification for an M42 mount


The thing is - this series of lenses (from Arsenal plant in Kiev) were normally supplied with interchangable mounts. I remember getting Kalienar-5H with both, Nikon mount (installed) and M42 (as an extra option). Also in my full box set of Mir-20H an additional M42 interchangable mount was included. The same mount was obviously supplied with Helios-81H.
Normally people kept Nikon mount by default, but sometimes swapped it for M42. It was easy - only unscrew 3 screws and swap mount. So, the mistery is solved )