Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Helios-65T 50mm/2 on Sony A7
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 8:50 pm    Post subject: Helios-65T 50mm/2 on Sony A7 Reply with quote

Here are some photos I made few days ago with this little Helios 50mm (in fact 52mm)/2, by KMZ, designed to be used on KT-27 TV cameras. It was produced before the Helios-65 for automat by Arsenal.

#-1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2023 11:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great portraits! The flower pics also. In the second portrait the persons head is not directly central but it's still a compelling picture, whether or not every detail is sharp. Even in the first one, the tapering off of resolution does not in any way detract from the image, if anything it may add to it. I wonder if the lenses are identical optically or not. In any case you've certainly shown it to great effect.

After my review, people might have been thinking. why would you get one, but after your pictures they may reconsider...

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alun Thomas wrote:
Great portraits! The flower pics also. In the second portrait the persons head is not directly central but it's still a compelling picture, whether or not every detail is sharp. Even in the first one, the tapering off of resolution does not in any way detract from the image, if anything it may add to it. I wonder if the lenses are identical optically or not. In any case you've certainly shown it to great effect.

After my review, people might have been thinking. why would you get one, but after your pictures they may reconsider...

Optical design is identical, but factory is different, also the coating is different, and different diaphragme. It might interfer in the final image.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2023 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Kiev mount copy appears to have a different coating than your Kiev mount copy, it isn't amber, it's a rich blue-purple similar to your TV lens version (even though in my photo on the other thread it looks amber due to the light). Mine has a '66' serial as opposed to your copy with a '65' serial so perhaps they updated the coating quite early.