Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

new 28mm finders
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:26 pm    Post subject: new 28mm finders Reply with quote

I'm sure I read that new optical finders for 28mm and 35mm were coming out of China. The 7Artisans costing about $60. I cant find them anywhere. can someone help?

Thanks

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: new 28mm finders Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
I'm sure I read that new optical finders for 28mm and 35mm were coming out of China. The 7Artisans costing about $60. I cant find them anywhere. can someone help?

Thanks

You can find them in their shop or ebay.
https://ttartisan.myshopify.com/products/viewfinder-28-21mm

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 6:58 pm    Post subject: Re: new 28mm finders Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

Thanks

You can find them in their shop or ebay.
https://ttartisan.myshopify.com/products/viewfinder-28-21mm

Thank you. It was tt Artisan. Thats great.

they look good value, classic ones can be ridiculously expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 23, 2022 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

are these 28mm and 21mm full frame finders? Samples shown on ttartisan web site only show them on crop frame cameras.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 12:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
are these 28mm and 21mm full frame finders? Samples shown on ttartisan web site only show them on crop frame cameras.

28mm and 21mm is the length of the finder, not the lens. Leica M9 is a full frame camera.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

calvin83 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

28mm and 21mm is the length of the finder, not the lens. Leica M9 is a full frame camera.

I'm not sure what 'length of the finder' means. I know a M9 is full frame. I need to know of these finders will cover a 28mm and a 21mm lens on a full frame film camera, there is no information about that anywhere and ttArtisan are in no hurry to reply.

The finders are relatively cheap and well made, I'd buy both of them but don't want to have them sent from China and find out that they only cover 21mm & 28mm lenses on crop (equal to 42mm and 31.5mm).

Ads say they are suitable for M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 M8 M9 and Ricoh a mix of crop and full frame.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

I'm not sure what 'length of the finder' means. I know a M9 is full frame. I need to know of these finders will cover a 28mm and a 21mm lens on a full frame film camera, there is no information about that anywhere and ttArtisan are in no hurry to reply.

The finders are relatively cheap and well made, I'd buy both of them but don't want to have them sent from China and find out that they only cover 21mm & 28mm lenses on crop (equal to 42mm and 31.5mm).

Ads say they are suitable for M3 M4 M5 M6 M7 M8 M9 and Ricoh a mix of crop and full frame.

View through the finder is same as with that focal length lens on FF camera. 28mm finder shows same view through FF camera with 28mm lens. 21mm shows same view as 31.5-33.6mm lens on crop camera.

These would be most useful with lens set parfocal; not for focusing!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
calvin83 wrote:
philslizzy wrote:

I am pretty sure they will cover 21mm & 28mm full frame as they make these for their own Leica M mount lenses. You can buy later when reviews are out.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, 2022 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thank you for your answers, I heard no reply from TTArtisans, but found someone with a 28 and he confirmed it's full frame

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2023 7:28 am    Post subject: forget the cheapest on ebay from china Reply with quote

i have got one, the cheapest noname from china. diopter is totally off. cannot be used
same for the dora goodman zone z1 crap-viewfinder.