Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Prewar Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530/16
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 16, 2022 9:01 pm    Post subject: Prewar Zeiss Ikon Super Ikonta 530/16 Reply with quote

Something around 5 years ago I bought at the local flea market the prewar Super Ikonta 530/16 camera with the uncoated lens. For $100. The film advance mechanism had been stack. I sincerely beloved that time that it needs only some cleaning, or adjusting. I did try to do it myself without any success. No local repairmen showed any wish to help me with that. Fortunately, not so long ago I discovered the very professional camera repairmen in the other town. I sent it to him by mail for the diagnostic. It had been discovered, that there is broken pinion. So, he fashioned the replacement for it on the lathe? And also had to faction the new axis for it. Also he did the general cleaning, setting up, and general service for it. It did cost me something around $20. Which is not so bed, I suppose.
To test it I dragged out of my storages the soviet film, which outdated at the middle of the 1993 year. Purely for the reason to test the film advance. Natively it was of 65 ASA. I exposed it generally at 22 ASA. However I did several shots with the lover ISO, to discover, that 11 ASA would be for just exposure.

The day was very rainy, and quite gloomy. So, generally I was using the 2.8 setting of the lens. Also with the intention to test the precision of the range-finder. It shoved to work very well. And the film transporting mechanism also worked flawlessly. And what is really wonderful, even the exposure meter is steel working. However it, of course needs doubling of the measured exposition.

There is example of one shot which I did from the hard fixing of the camera. And the puncture of the camera itself, of course.

There is the full size image:

https://i.ibb.co/sKr0sLX/Super-Ikonta-01.jpg

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted a note about your film and your camera in another thread, but in this thread, you're showing a nice photo of the camera itself.

I mentioned I own a late Super Ikonta BX with coated lens and Synchro Compur shutter. Yours is also a BX -- the "X" stands for the Selenium cell meter -- with the earlier Compur Rapid shutter. Still, an outstanding picture taker. I call mine a "Pocket Hasselblad" because that's what it is, assuming one has rather large pockets. Without question, my favorite fixed-lens 6mmx6mm camera.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cooltouch wrote:
I call mine a "Pocket Hasselblad" because that's what it is, assuming one has rather large pockets.

I believe that the postwar cameras with the coated lenses also have the lanthanum glass, which makes it the completely different story. So, it has to be the exceptional.