Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1950's-'60's Carl Zeiss Contina
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:55 pm    Post subject: 1950's-'60's Carl Zeiss Contina Reply with quote

I was given this Carl Zeiss CONTINA with 45mm f2.8 Tessar lens and Synchro-Compur to 1/500 by a widow lady

Contina by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Members of Cebu Images Camera Club ( Philippines) after I had Judged a big B&W print comp. taken on FP4+ and flash

Images Club by pentaxpete, on Flickr

Look at the title of the Bus !! -- Ilford FP4 + in Tetenal Neopress HC 1+31 from a moving vehicle

Passengers by pentaxpete, on Flickr
Jesus Works in CEBU ! Ilford Delta 100 processed in Crawley Formula FX37 1+3 !

Jesus works in CEBU Philippines ! by pentaxpete, on Flickr
1998 outdated Fuji Super G Plus 400 rated 125 ASA processed in C41-- taken in my home town of Brentwood

YellowBird by pentaxpete, on Flickr

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A handsome beast, it is the Contina ll 524/24 from 1952-1953. 60 years old and still lovely. I want it!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 9:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

philslizzy wrote:
A handsome beast, it is the Contina ll 524/24 from 1952-1953. 60 years old and still lovely. I want it!

Thanks for that information -- I didn't know exactly WHICH Contina it was -- it was owned by a member of Brentwood Photographic Club and I remember seeing him with it many years ago then he left and died and his widow gave it to me and his Nikon gear to my wife. It is very handy to take abroad on aircraft as it fits into a bag with other systems and when I go to the Cebu Images Camera Club all the members gather round in 'awe' -- they all have the latest 'Gadgets' and cameras !

PostPosted: Thu Oct 31, 2013 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were actually two Contina ll models - just to confuse you! This folder (524/24) and a rigid body type was introduced in 1956 ,the 527/24, with a light meter covered in bubbled glass. The lla (often confused with it) had a little metal flap over the cell.

I'd love one of the 524/24's but I cant have everything and I am collecting only models sold in 1957. And sticking rigidly to my list.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 07, 2024 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And is only one of 3 35mm folders made by Zeiss in the postwar
- Contessa
- Ikonta35/Contina (zone focus)
- Contina II (with rangefinder)

Your is lovely with that Tessar, mine has a Novar (3 element) but is still a very capable lady