Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Canon Vari-Angle Prism (Optical Image stabiliser) - 1990s
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:11 pm    Post subject: Canon Vari-Angle Prism (Optical Image stabiliser) - 1990s Reply with quote

FULL ALBUM - https://flic.kr/s/aHBqjzTJyE

Canon Vari-Angle Prism System (Optical Image Stabiliser) - front Canon Vari-Angle Prism System (Optical Image Stabiliser) - back

Notes on process

Done on flatbed scanner at 600dpi, edited within the Scangear software.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Commentary

Had pulled and scanned this from my Canon dealer's manual before, thought to upload now.

This system is decently documented/talked about online, but have never seen the graphs and information on the backside before.
Also not seen that specific 1990s Canon broadcast/TV lens diagram, with the Vari-Angle prism either.

Maybe I should look more deeply...

Revisting the scan I was going to reduce the highlights/whites/exposure etc, but found it just made creases more obvious. So it will have to look a tad 'lurid'. I could use the adjustment brush to cut them out but it looks fine really.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 10, 2022 7:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting Like 1 small

But whoever drew the "Camera shake compensation" drawings on the first page needs to get a slap on the wrist. The refraction is shown to be happening at the incorrect (non-tilted) surface of the adjustable prism Wink

Personally I'm not sure why they opted for this heavy system instead of a much lighter adjustable mirror arrangement nearer the camera. Having a refractive liquid flowing back and forth inside an adjustable prism at up to 20Hz seems counterintuitive...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2023 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing!