Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Old LF lens tests
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2023 6:39 am    Post subject: Old LF lens tests Reply with quote

I have some very old LF lenses in my collection and I mean it is time to use it. The old lens designs are different in the optical quality and character.
some lenses were made for the ultimate sharp picture, others are made for a soft image, tele photo lenses were popular and wide angle lenses are rare and not so much in use.

In this tests I use only the 8x10" Sinar Norma with the rear lens shutter because the most of the lenses are only barrel mounts.
I use Fujifilm x-ray film UM-MA in 18x24cm format, close to 8x10" which is 20x25cm, developed in Wehner in rotation, scanned with Epson V700

The first sample, taken with a Rodenstock Weitwinkel Eikonar 12/130mm @f/45. An extrem wide angle lens, made in 1910. Six elements in two groups. Very small lens

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2023 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice! Classic vintage feel. Distortion correction is much better than would have expected from a WA lens from 1910! 130mm on 8x10 must be around 90 degrees? So 21mm equivalent on FF?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2023 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You're working with vintage LF lenses, particularly a Rodenstock Weitwinkel Eikonar 12/130mm from 1910, on a Sinar Norma camera. These old lenses offer unique optical characteristics. You're shooting on Fujifilm x-ray film, using a Wehner development process, and scanning with an Epson V700 scanner. This combination can result in creative and distinctive images due to the vintage lens qualities.