Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TESTING: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 1 + 105mm f2.8 Super-Takumar
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2022 3:56 pm    Post subject: TESTING: Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 1 + 105mm f2.8 Super-Takumar Reply with quote

TESTING my ASAHI PENTAX Spotmatic 1 with a Hearing Aid Battery kindly supplied by my great Camera Club / FLICKR Mate RAY against a 1950's WESTON MASTER II meter. and 05/1996 dated EFKE KB40 film cut from a Bulk tin from my Deceased Great Friend and using my Home-Made Crawley Formula 'FX-37' developer diluted 1+9 for 7 mins @ 20oC RESULTS : WESTON Master is slightly MORE ACCURATE -- Hearing Aid Battery slightly OVER -Exposes. The KB40 is GREAT in FX-37 diluted 1+9 and I could rate it at 64 ASA. LENS was a 105mm f2.8 Super-Takumar 125th @ f5.6

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 12:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 More please!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my Asahi Pentax Spotmatic 1 loaded again with some of that outdated EKKE KB40 for processing as before in FX-37 diluted 1+9 -- it gives AMAZING Results on such old film. I will use some MORE of my 'TAKUMARS' Keep Watching !

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 5:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 105 is an amazing lens!
I have both the the SMC for M42 and K mount, the M42 is way better for some reason.
Pictures are crisper and the background is creamier

Dogwood (Cornus florida)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2022 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EFKE KB films were fantstic!
I loved KB25 and KB100

KB25 with the Spotmatic produced negatives that could be enlarged to 100x150 cm

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very nice picture. thank you for posting.
I have difficulties achieving this kinds of 'smooth'/'silky' look on my B&W.
Mine are more grainy. As if I over-develop them (I use Ilford 400/ D-76 ).

These Takumars are always nice, although I think similar rendering could be achieved
with other lenses in that particular setting. As in this particular example you were not bringing out the 'bokeh'
super-powers and the lighting conditions seem to be perfect (or at least they are to my
untrained eye Smile ).

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good!
Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2022 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1