Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fujian CCTV 1.7/35, a lens for architecture
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:17 am    Post subject: Fujian CCTV 1.7/35, a lens for architecture Reply with quote

It's time to refresh Fujian charm and fun.

I remember some doubts and oppositions put by the forum members against the use of a "toy" lens for landscape and architecture. I don't have such a brake and I feel an attraction to explore how optical distortions and imperfections contribute to the pleasure of the final result. For this purpose Fujian is a perfect tool, giving an "organic breath" to rectilinear geometry.

This one is an old version of the lens (1.7/35), put on Sony Nex. Various apertures, contrast boosted.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2022 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Several more images grasping urban objects in a closer field.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i especially liked it for shooting with the last light of the day, although to be honest i haven't revisited it since acquiring other fast lenses

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2022 9:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What an atmosphere! Thanks for the great contribution.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Re: Fujian CCTV 1.7/35, a lens for architecture Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
It's time to refresh Fujian charm and fun.

I remember some doubts and oppositions put by the forum members against the use of a "toy" lens for landscape and architecture. I don't have such a brake and I feel an attraction to explore how optical distortions and imperfections contribute to the pleasure of the final result. For this purpose Fujian is a perfect tool, giving an "organic breath" to rectilinear geometry.
. . .

Well said and seen! Delightful images.

Like Dog

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2022 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2022 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The rendering is also interesting when the image is naturally overexposed WO in full daylight and then exposure is negatively compensated. I find this way the higher contrast fuses well with the unsharp corners

Another interesting effect is achieved in a "classic" composition, with the main subject in sharp focus while the remaining parts of the image show various degrees of OOF and distortion. The following shot is not taken WO, thus the subject isolation is less pronounced. The effect is definitely different from a longer lens giving another kind of subject isolation, say Visionar ~85mm or longer.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2022 1:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just to mirror my update on Repro Summar 24, here is a couple more of architecture shots with Fujian put on Sony Nex.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#1 reminds me of an early preset soligor 28mm I've tested only once and I was pretty disappointed with it's unique out of common rendering ( only central area sharpness)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is almost like a tilt/shift effect

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
It is almost like a tilt/shift effect

True, some people reported they were using this lens as a substitute for a tilt-shit one.

Kiddo, do you have some samples from your 28mm Soligor? That sounds intriguing.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some compositions are inviting the lens to an even more pronounced "tilt" effect, even though pretty crazy in terms of non-linear fuzzyness.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This last picture just reminds me so much about that soligor, it was the time that I've been looking for a sharp 28mm and as soon as I've seen the samples of it, just left it aside, so no samples. I still have it, and I will have to give it a try again.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kiddo wrote:
I still have it, and I will have to give it a try again.

Like 1 small