Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 11:04 am    Post subject: Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R Reply with quote

My old Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4!

I really love it. All WIDE OPEN. All untouched, SOOTC JPGs!

_A1A9733 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

_A1A9732 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

_A1A9730 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

_A1A9729 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

_A1A9740 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

_A1A9741 by sante.castignani, su Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Like 1 Like 1

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice! Great colors.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2022 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks excellent.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very impressive photos . How old is the lens, I've done some with a 70 years old leitz 5cm f3.5 Elmar which look fabulous

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to everyone!

bwfcnottingham wrote:
Very impressive photos . How old is the lens, I've done some with a 70 years old leitz 5cm f3.5 Elmar which look fabulous

The Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 it's been made from 1975 to 1998. Born originally for military purposes, and then adapted for civil photographers. Particularly good on long distance subjects, the only flaw to me is the long MDF, 2,5 meters.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:
Thanks to everyone!

bwfcnottingham wrote:

The Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 it's been made from 1975 to 1998. Born originally for military purposes, and then adapted for civil photographers. Particularly good on long distance subjects, the only flaw to me is the long MDF, 2,5 meters.

It's a nice MDF for general use of 180 mm lens.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For 1978 it is quite long i'd guess. In the 60's 2.5 was pretty standard for 200mm Sometimes 3. My newer ones are usually 2m or even 1.8/1.7.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 20, 2022 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
For 1978 it is quite long i'd guess. In the 60's 2.5 was pretty standard for 200mm Sometimes 3. My newer ones are usually 2m or even 1.8/1.7.

Indeed, but in this case is a clear message from Leitz: it's a design made for long distance, even if I have to admit that closeups are not bad at all.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2022 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great image depth and clarity!

The generous Italian sun helps too to create a very nice feeling of the shots.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 22, 2022 10:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:

Really nice shots - excellent work! I like this one in particular. And the lens seems to do quite well, considering that it's wide open.

On an aside: it's interesting that I started to completely forget about MFD as a factor, because I generally use a bellows with all of my adapted lenses, which means that's never a consideration...

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
Great image depth and clarity!

The generous Italian sun helps too to create a very nice feeling of the shots.

Sure! Even too much, in the past summer Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 7:44 am    Post subject: Re: Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Ultrapix wrote:

Really nice shots - excellent work! I like this one in particular. And the lens seems to do quite well, considering that it's wide open.

On an aside: it's interesting that I started to completely forget about MFD as a factor, because I generally use a bellows with all of my adapted lenses, which means that's never a consideration...

I often did so in the past, but I find handling not too pleasant. I have several APO Repro lenses BTW that occasionally push me to dust off one of my bellows

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 8:41 am    Post subject: Re: Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R Reply with quote

Ultrapix wrote:

I often did so in the past, but I find handling not too pleasant. I have several APO Repro lenses BTW that occasionally push me to dust off one of my bellows

Oh, now I'm curious... which APO Repro lenses do you use?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2022 9:11 am    Post subject: Re: Leica / Leitz Apo Telyt 180 3,4 on Canon EOS R Reply with quote

simple.joy wrote:
Ultrapix wrote:

Oh, now I'm curious... which APO Repro lenses do you use?

I often confuse names...

Rodenstock, by the way, Geronar or Gerogon... 150/9 and a longer one, 180 I think.