Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Compatibility of Ricoh KR lenses on Pentax K adapter?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 9:53 am    Post subject: Compatibility of Ricoh KR lenses on Pentax K adapter? Reply with quote

Just a quick check: It is my understanding that Ricoh KR mount lenses were designed to be compatible with manual focus Pentax K, but they have an extra pin that can get tangled up with the AF mechanism of a Pentax AF camera's.

I own a mirrorless camera and use an adapter for K mount lenses. Therefore I assume that the pin on a Ricoh KR lens will not be any problem. Is this correct?

Regards, C.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are usually not a problem on K-mount either. Some third party lens makers used a squared of pin, that wouldn't retract when twisting the mount. This was not the case with Ricoh's own lenses or Sigma and most mayor brands that made them. The pin should be rounded off and spring loaded. But no AF slot, not a chance of it getting stuck at all.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2022 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
They are usually not a problem on K-mount either. Some third party lens makers used a squared of pin, that wouldn't retract when twisting the mount. This was not the case with Ricoh's own lenses or Sigma and most mayor brands that made them. The pin should be rounded off and spring loaded. But no AF slot, not a chance of it getting stuck at all.

Thank you Smile

Regards, C.