Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Fawn Thought Mom Had Returned - Takumar 1:4 f=35mm A7RII
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2022 8:28 pm    Post subject: Fawn Thought Mom Had Returned - Takumar 1:4 f=35mm A7RII Reply with quote

Walking quietly through the dry leaves to the side I hear another sounds like a Deer. Lift camera point toward sound a little head pops above the little ridge (shutter noise) spots on body. "Oh you're not my Mom!" (turns and walks back down the hill into the woods)

iso1600 1/60 f/8

Center pixels:

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 Nice. The anecdote really puts you there.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 2:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice going!
With a 35, you got in nice and close!
I still don't have a stand alone 35 here yet.

No where near as close as you got.
Nikkor "P" 105 2.5 post sonnar right at sunset last night, here in town.
f5.6 and ISO 800.
About 65 yards distant, and a 55% crop.
He walked off at the sound of the D-810's shutter tripping.
The blur is the hand-held 1/50 sec. shutter speed, and so-so footing on loose rocky ground.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

If you are expecting skittish wildlife, silent (electronic) shutter on mirrorless is your friend (up to 1/500s or so, above that uneven illumination may occur on some camera models).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Like 1

If you are expecting skittish wildlife, silent (electronic) shutter on mirrorless is your friend (up to 1/500s or so, above that uneven illumination may occur on some camera models).

Yeah, yeah, yeah... Rolling Eyes LOL I wasn't. No skittishness -- Fawn walked up, stopped about 10 feet away, then after looking at me closely for a time decided I wasn't Mom, then nonchalantly turned & walked slowly away. He hung around out-of-sight while I made photos of other stuff. Now there's a really skittish feral black cat that shows on the game cam...I'm slowly taming him over the past few months...even the Ravens and Bluejays aren't as skittish as him.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RokkorDoctor wrote:
Like 1

I'm staying with the DSLR and it's noisy shutter.
About 50% less noise at shutter trip than the F2, and 70% quieter than my favorite FT-2.
I have no desire (yet) for live view focusing.
Not sure how mirrorless is going to perform at the low light situation illustrated above.
That I got the color and focus I did is still a source of amazement to me.

There is a lot of wildlife down there in what is a heavily populated urban area.
The wild turkeys down there are glass hogs and love to pose.
Still have to work on getting eagle shots.
There's a few around in the same location, but they give the word skittish an entirely new meaning.

-D.S.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2022 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Doc Sharptail wrote:
RokkorDoctor wrote:
Like 1

I'm staying with the DSLR and it's noisy shutter.
About 50% less noise at shutter trip than the F2, and 70% quieter than my favorite FT-2.
I have no desire (yet) for live view focusing.
Not sure how mirrorless is going to perform at the low light situation illustrated above.
That I got the color and focus I did is still a source of amazement to me.

There is a lot of wildlife down there in what is a heavily populated urban area.
The wild turkeys down there are glass hogs and love to pose.
Still have to work on getting eagle shots.
There's a few around in the same location, but they give the word skittish an entirely new meaning.

-D.S.

Yes! "Eagle (and Raven) Eyes" spot the camera lens "eye" pointed their way and skit away...the turkeys here are real skittish -- I have only one blurry photo from past 20 years!