Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 50-135mm f/3.5 AiS at the vintage car show
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2022 3:22 am    Post subject: Nikon 50-135mm f/3.5 AiS at the vintage car show Reply with quote

There's not much talk about this lens it looks like. I bought it last year at the suggestion of a poster here (HansMoleman).

Today I took it to the vintage car show and boy, am I happy with what this beauty can do! It pairs nicely with my Nikon D700, though its weight may be a problem if carrying the setup with a neck strap for a while. When shooting against the sun it produces a weird flare so it'd benefit from a hood.

Here are some samples, all shoot in RAW at ISO 200 using a monopod. The first four are to showcase its sharpness and bokeh (no processing aside from conversion to jpg and pre-sharpening), and the last three are fully processed.

1. Wide open

2. 100% crop of the image above. Notice the lettering at the top.

3. Wide open:

4. f/4

5. f/5.6 (I feel like this is this lens' sweet spot)

6. Also f/5.6

7. Also f/5.6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2022 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to see you're happy with it. It really is a peach. Mine is "chipped" so I can use any mode and focus confirm (old eyes) works. Enjoy. Bought mine primarily for my F5 but it gets used on all of them.