Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 - Fiddler girls
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:13 pm    Post subject: Super Takumar 55mm f/1.8 - Fiddler girls Reply with quote

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice capture, it show nice atmosphere, bit harsh to me like a Russian lens.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To be honest I'm more interested in that place where there are so many wonderful musicians
I could take out some of my guitars and ask for a jam session Wink Twisted Evil

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Before cross process, incase that screws stuff up for you Attila. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like more the original colors. I'm finding out that cross processing is good for very limited subjects (despite the "ahhh" and "oohhh" about it on Flickr... my god... I'm becoming like Orio Laughing )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you I like genuine colors, before processed too.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
I like more the original colors. I'm finding out that cross processing is good for very limited subjects (despite the "ahhh" and "oohhh" about it on Flickr... my god... I'm becoming like Orio Laughing )

Hehe. I am trying different styles out to get to know what I like the most. My flicker consist of different batches.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I probably don't have anything to teach to you (your shots are really good indeed) but what it worked with me is shot with the final result already in mind.

For example cross processing works better with sky in the background and some backlighting because it usually used together with desatured colors.

The actual "trend" also makes use of textures to come out painting like.
A bit like here (not mine):

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A G Photography wrote:
I probably don't have anything to teach to you (your shots are really good indeed) but what it worked with me is shot with the final result already in mind.

For example cross processing works better with sky in the background and some backlighting because it usually used together with desatured colors.

The actual "trend" also makes use of textures to come out painting like.
A bit like here (not mine):

Indeed your right, surely that applies to most pictures, to have the outcome in the mind at the time of exposure. I'm not that lucky, I hope it comes in time. Training makes perfection.

I like the effect of just desaturating it though, kind of reminds me of some photos of me from when I was a wee lad back in the seventies. It also gives some kind of melancoly that I like. Maybe not in the fiddler girls picture, but in this for example (whipped it togehter for this post).

PS. I am not arguing that I am right or your wrong. I am geniunly intrested in what you have to say.

PS2. I am sure your more of a authority on whats a good picture then me, I have only been doing photography for 3 months. Smile I always have respect for the elders. Smile

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am taking my Takumar f1.8 55mm lens out this weekend for its 40th birthday. A lovely lens I have used on film and digital.
Very nice photo. I think I like the cross processing, I assume you are doing it digitally? There are some good ways with plenty of control. I use a Lab mode copy layer method.

‘I am trying different styles out to get to know what I like the most’

IMO you are doing well and choosing the right results to fit the image.
Effects and adjustments are not about changing an image just for the hell of it and to see what fits. They should be about adjusting the image to what you see in your minds eye. I believe you re doing this.
You have clearly shown this in your last post. Well done.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob Leslie wrote:
I am taking my Takumar f1.8 55mm lens out this weekend for its 40th birthday. A lovely lens I have used on film and digital.
Very nice photo. I think I like the cross processing, I assume you are doing it digitally? There are some good ways with plenty of control. I use a Lab mode copy layer method.

Im a cheater, I use Curves and then Hue/saturation. Wink Will try out doing it manually in Lab. Thanks for advice

Quote:

Effects and adjustments are not about changing an image just for the hell of it and to see what fits. They should be about adjusting the image to what you see in your minds eye. I believe you re doing this.

Thank you very much.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the last shot a lot. You didn't have a cold the day you took
that... Wink

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep, in the last shot desaturation works well mainly because of the wooden texture. Good choice indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

zewrak wrote:
Rob Leslie wrote:

Im a cheater, I use Curves and then Hue/saturation. Wink Will try out doing it manually in Lab. Thanks for advice

Quote:

Thank you very much.

Here is a Link to the method I use.

http://roblesliephotography.blogspot.com/2008/01/digital-cross-processed.html

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 3:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice image, zewrak. I like the tight closeup, it really works well for me.

About the cross processing, what about a little white balancing instead, to lessen a bit the "red ham" effect on the flesh of the original?

Another possibility to fight the "red ham" is the B&W.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

superb shot!
neither of the 3 versions have convincing colors
what about using in camera jpg Mr. Green

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio is on the right lines. In my opinion (humbly) WB is the single largest problem in digital photography. It is botched too often by the camera (on auto) or by the operator (no indepenent reference).

patrickh

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Apart from the interesting discussion about how to process the colours, I really like the composition!
And isn't it great when young kids learn to play an instrument? This is so important for their later lives.